5,603,981 Members 43,715 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Service Update?

Tip us?
 
Breach
Old
#1  
Breach's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 225
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maine, USA
Default Samsung Service Update?

Got up this morning and saw a pop up window..

It said "An update is required to access Samsung services"

I clicked ok, and it said "Downloading 1/100" (or similar)

Not sure exactly what the update is.. but figured I would share
<-- If you found my comment helpful, please press the [THANKS] button.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Current: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Model: SM-N900T) - Rom: ViSiON X N3 KitKat 4.4 NB7 w/Samsung Gear 2 (Model: SM-R380)
 
deadlyheart4u
Old
#2  
deadlyheart4u's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 396
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kolkata

 
DONATE TO ME
Size of update

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 3. checkout www.techenthu.com.

If you like my post hit thanks .
bbm pin:75B457CE
Cheers,
Aditya Bhimrajka

CEO, SimTechnos.in
Web|Apps|Seo|Mobile
-----------------------------
 
Breach
Old
#3  
Breach's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 225
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maine, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyheart4u View Post
Size of update

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 3. checkout www.techenthu.com.

If you like my post hit thanks .
bbm pin:75B457CE
It didn't say and I am unsure how to check.
<-- If you found my comment helpful, please press the [THANKS] button.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Current: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Model: SM-N900T) - Rom: ViSiON X N3 KitKat 4.4 NB7 w/Samsung Gear 2 (Model: SM-R380)
 
radicalisto
Old
#4  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1267
Posts: 3,118
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York

 
DONATE TO ME
It's an update to the Samsung account that you have when you first set up your device. If you have tried to access any Samsung Apps it'll update in order to use them.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Paranoid // UBER //
 
Breach
Old
#5  
Breach's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 225
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maine, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
It's an update to the Samsung account that you have when you first set up your device. If you have tried to access any Samsung Apps it'll update in order to use them.
I wasn't sure what it was updating. I wasn't doing anything, I woke up and there was an notification, but I just wasn't sure if the update might effect anything. Glad it doesn't.
<-- If you found my comment helpful, please press the [THANKS] button.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Current: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Model: SM-N900T) - Rom: ViSiON X N3 KitKat 4.4 NB7 w/Samsung Gear 2 (Model: SM-R380)
 
radicalisto
Old
#6  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1267
Posts: 3,118
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breach View Post
I wasn't sure what it was updating. I wasn't doing anything, I woke up and there was an notification, but I just wasn't sure if the update might effect anything. Glad it doesn't.
It won't affect anything on your device etc so don't worry, they do update quite regularly. It's all good nothing to really worry about. Altho I do see your concern if something is updating without you knowing what it is or giving permission.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Paranoid // UBER //
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...