XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck on Beanstalk rom after trying to restore to stock 4.3

Tip us?

TH3F4LL3N
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Stuck on Beanstalk rom after trying to restore to stock 4.3

Hey guys, sorry if this wasn't my place to start a new thread, but I can't find any others that help

I achieved root on my stock 4.3 rom and decided to go try some of the new 4.4 roms. However I was using TWRP at the time and it wouldn't restore my backup I made of the stock rom. So then I tried to install a custom touchwiz rom instead, and ended up hard bricking my device. It is now revived because I used the sd card method to boot, however it is back to hard brick if I try to remove the sd card. In circumstances like this I would normally Odin back to 4.1.1 and start from scratch, but as we know the bootloader has been locked which prevents downgrading. Any help out there? I messed up bad and now I can't restore to the stock firmware

theramsey3
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3F4LL3N View Post
Hey guys, sorry if this wasn't my place to start a new thread, but I can't find any others that help

I achieved root on my stock 4.3 rom and decided to go try some of the new 4.4 roms. However I was using TWRP at the time and it wouldn't restore my backup I made of the stock rom. So then I tried to install a custom touchwiz rom instead, and ended up hard bricking my device. It is now revived because I used the sd card method to boot, however it is back to hard brick if I try to remove the sd card. In circumstances like this I would normally Odin back to 4.1.1 and start from scratch, but as we know the bootloader has been locked which prevents downgrading. Any help out there? I messed up bad and now I can't restore to the stock firmware
Reflash the bootloader, rom, kernel and modem to the phone. You should be good. I did that to my phone 3 times last week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

TH3F4LL3N
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by theramsey3 View Post
Reflash the bootloader, rom, kernel and modem to the phone. You should be good. I did that to my phone 3 times last week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
I have tried that, at least 10 times over, it still does not help. If my phone is bricked like this, can they tell if I have been rooted? Because at this point I may have to go in with puppy eyes to try to get it fixed.