XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Newb Needs Some Help....

Tip us?

jm5503
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 115
Default [Q] Newb Needs Some Help....

So I just got my One a few days ago and decided to root, unlock my bootloader, and flash a new rom. I unlocked, rooted, flashed twrp recovery and before I flashed a new rom, i wiped and ended up removing the roms from storage. Now i have no os to boot up into. No way to transfer a rom to the phone because clockwork and twrp dont support usb storage, adb sideload keeps failing, and ruu's wont install...on stock 4.3 ota from att....plz help.....

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 652

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm5503 View Post
So I just got my One a few days ago and decided to root, unlock my bootloader, and flash a new rom. I unlocked, rooted, flashed twrp recovery and before I flashed a new rom, i wiped and ended up removing the roms from storage. Now i have no os to boot up into. No way to transfer a rom to the phone because clockwork and twrp dont support usb storage, adb sideload keeps failing, and ruu's wont install...on stock 4.3 ota from att....plz help.....
I use a usb OTG in TWRP almost everyday
and if sideload is failing it's likely because you don't have the drivers installed properly
and so you know the unlock is what wiped the phone not TWRP (unless you choose advanced and selected to wipe the sdcard which no one does)

get you drivers working
to test from recovery on the phone and command on the PC do adb devices and make sure you device is listed.
then in twrp you choose advanced/adb sideload
Connect phone to PC
Open command line where you have the file of ROM assuming you have ADB in Path of system, if you have not just copy the ROM to same place you have ADB files.
Type:
adb devices
(verify you phone are detect)
adb sideload name_of_the_rom_file.zip
(Wait the file is transfered to phone and recovery flash)
HTC One 32 GB AT&T (S-off, Unlocked, Rooted)
Please help keep www.htc1guru.com Alive and Donate

jm5503
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm5503 View Post
Thank you....

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app