XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Switch from TWRP to CWM Touch?

Tip us?

Comp625
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default Switch from TWRP to CWM Touch?

So I'm stuck on TWRP 2.5 and GooManager won't download the latest 2.6.3.1. It literally says "Your download is starting..." and it'll just sit there. A lot of people have made the same complaints on the Play Store reviews, etc. Anyways, I'd like the newest Recovery in order to flash Carbon ROM based on 4.3.

What's the easiest way to install the latest CWM Touch recovery? Someone mentioned using Flashify? Also, do I need to do anything in preparation of switching from TWRP to CWM Touch?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s3 via Tapatalk Pro

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp625 View Post
So I'm stuck on TWRP 2.5 and GooManager won't download the latest 2.6.3.1. It literally says "Your download is starting..." and it'll just sit there. A lot of people have made the same complaints on the Play Store reviews, etc. Anyways, I'd like the newest Recovery in order to flash Carbon ROM based on 4.3.

What's the easiest way to install the latest CWM Touch recovery? Someone mentioned using Flashify? Also, do I need to do anything in preparation of switching from TWRP to CWM Touch?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s3 via Tapatalk Pro
If you want, you could use Flashify to flash the TWRP 2.6.3.1 img file. Just download it to your phone where it says "select the latest img file."

If you still want to switch to CWM touch, well you don't need anything except the proper img file and flash it via Flashify. Your nandroid backups are incompatible so you can not use TWRP backups in CWM or vice versa.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable