XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.1.1 to 4.3 KNOXless and hotspot

Tip us?

Broken Spiral
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 4.1.1 to 4.3 KNOXless and hotspot

I was going to ask these questions in Dev Forum Thread for Knoxless but I'm new here...

I have a Samsung S3 on AT&T that I rooted some time ago but stopped there and am still running stock. Anyway, I'd like to know if I update to 4.3 KNOXless do I need to prep the phone any differently or just follow the steps here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2504903 ? I'm fairly new to this and am trying to get caught up on everything and make sure I'm not going to brick the phone due to my ignorance.

One other question, I use the tethering/hotspot feature a decent amount and have noticed some ROMs/FW state they don't work with it. Is this the case with the stock KNOXless 4.3? I read through a lot of that thread but didn't see a clear answer on this. Also, let me know if there are other options I should consider.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

theramsey3
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Spiral View Post
I was going to ask these questions in Dev Forum Thread for Knoxless but I'm new here...

I have a Samsung S3 on AT&T that I rooted some time ago but stopped there and am still running stock. Anyway, I'd like to know if I update to 4.3 KNOXless do I need to prep the phone any differently or just follow the steps here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2504903 ? I'm fairly new to this and am trying to get caught up on everything and make sure I'm not going to brick the phone due to my ignorance.

One other question, I use the tethering/hotspot feature a decent amount and have noticed some ROMs/FW state they don't work with it. Is this the case with the stock KNOXless 4.3? I read through a lot of that thread but didn't see a clear answer on this. Also, let me know if there are other options I should consider.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
Enewman17 has a "tether hack with bluetooth" posted in the DEV section it works absolutely flawlessly with loserskaters stock rooted knoxless with selinux permissive rom in the DEV section it's what I use I love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to theramsey3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Broken Spiral
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by theramsey3 View Post
Enewman17 has a "tether hack with bluetooth" posted in the DEV section it works absolutely flawlessly with loserskaters stock rooted knoxless with selinux permissive rom in the DEV section it's what I use I love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Thanks so much for the help on this. Do you know if there is any concern on my other question coming from 4.1.1? I just want to make sure I'm following the instructions correctly. Thanks again.