5,603,729 Members 37,897 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GMD AUTO Hide - Does it stretch apps?

Tip us?

paddylaz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Default GMD AUTO Hide - Does it stretch apps?

Hi, just wondering, if I decide to root (which I only want to do to get this app) - will it mean apps are 'stretched' to get to full size, or are they proportionally scaled up??

Thanks a lot. Nervous to root so want to make sure I'm doing it for a worthwhile reason.

Vepaot
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Rooting is very simple, don't be nervous about it. Just follow the instructions and it'll be easy.

As for GMD's app, I've never used it, but I'd imagine it's the same as when you enable expanded desktop in a custom ROM, resizing the app to fit the new resolution.

Sent from CAMACHO, my Verizon G2 (VS980) running PAC ROM.

The Aphotic Chaotic
LG G2 VS980 (Verizon) [JB 4.3] PAC-man ROM
Nexus 7 [JB 4.2.2] XenonHD
The Following User Says Thank You to Vepaot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

henrylar
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddylaz View Post
Hi, just wondering, if I decide to root (which I only want to do to get this app) - will it mean apps are 'stretched' to get to full size, or are they proportionally scaled up??

Thanks a lot. Nervous to root so want to make sure I'm doing it for a worthwhile reason.
They are proportionally scaled up. I rooted for three reasons - a louder sound, the improvements in the photo app and then this. Individually each of these gives quite an improvement. I believe that you won't regret it..

The only thing to consider is upgrading to kitkat, but I believe that it wont take long from launching to it exists as a rom to install.
Phone: LG G2, D802
ROM: CloudyStock 1.3
Kernel: Simplekernel 3.0
Recovery: Philz Touch 6.19.7

Tablet: Nexus 7
rooted, with Faux kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to henrylar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paddylaz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Thanks for the quick replies, you guys rock.

Ok going to bone-up on the literature and then take the plunge.

G1_enthusiast
Old
Thanks Meter 256
no GMD doesnt stretch anything, if it does then i cant see it.
Phone
HTC Touch pro II -----> Tmobile G1 -----> HTC HD2 -----> Tmobile G2 -----> Samsung galaxy S II -----> Samsung galaxy S3 -----> Sony Xperia "Zed"----->HTC ONE(Thank God, dont ever own a Sony)----->LG G2

Tablet

Tmobile Slate ---------------------> Blackberry playbook ------------------------> Samsung galaxy Tab 10.1 ------------------------>Nexus 7 ------------------------>Nexus 7 Second Gen ------------------------> Dell Venue 8 Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to G1_enthusiast For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]