[Q] Help with android account settings menu

Tip us?

eljefe972
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking [Q] Help with android account settings menu

Hello,

I am new to the forums but not to android, i have been using android since the original google G1. I've always tinkered, installed cyanogen, etc but never gotten very deep into messing with my operating system other than flashing it. Until that is, i got a chinese mtk6589 phone. My phone had a pretty terrible stock rom with fake antutu specs, and a bunch of sketchy chinese apps, among other things. So far i've made some great strides but im still a few steps away from being completely happy with my phone.

I started with the stock rom. Rooted it. Built and flashed a custom CWM recovery. Removed all the fake and/or sketchy apps. flashed current gapps for jellybean (This was an ordeal. kept crashing while connecting to wifi on first boot after flashing gapps.) I feel like i've made great improvements. I now have a stable rom with no fake or junk apps, CWM recovery, current gapps, all of my apps now working properly. There is still a problem which has been present since the beginning which bugs the hell out of me.

Under settings -> accounts, there are no accounts listed although i've added my 2 google accounts and everything works. Mail, contacts, calendars, sync, etc. I just have no dialog or way of controlling them, other than deleting my accounts.db file and settings up again from scratch. Accounts work, just the accounts page under settings is broken. There is an add accounts button, cloudy, and reset and backup.

How can i repair this section of the menu? I apologize for my lack of knowledge. I have made it this far by reading, and lots of trial and error. I would love to one day successfully port cyanogen to my device. Obviously i have a long way to go and lots of learning to do.

eljefe972
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Also, another thing i would like to fix is my false 32GB storage capacities under settings -> storage. As far as i can tell the phone actually has 4GB, 2 for internal storage, and 2 for phone storage. So far all my efforts to move apps to my sd card have been unsuccessful, i can however move them between phone and internal storage.