5,593,793 Members 44,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

On MF3 using safestrap. Been gone a few months, anything new?

Tip us?

whitesox311
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Default On MF3 using safestrap. Been gone a few months, anything new?

Anything new with getting around this MF3 nonsense? I'm constantly running out of storage space and am about to just sell this phone and be done with it.

failedjedi
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox311 View Post
Anything new with getting around this MF3 nonsense? I'm constantly running out of storage space and am about to just sell this phone and be done with it.
I'm new to the s4 party, so I am not sure how recent it is, but fairly recently the stock images leaked and are flashable via odin, so you can go ahead and wipe and install whatever compatible you want right to the stock slot. This lets you use the full space instead of small slots and still be able to go back to stock later.
The Following User Says Thank You to failedjedi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

whitesox311
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by failedjedi View Post
I'm new to the s4 party, so I am not sure how recent it is, but fairly recently the stock images leaked and are flashable via odin, so you can go ahead and wipe and install whatever compatible you want right to the stock slot. This lets you use the full space instead of small slots and still be able to go back to stock later.
Really? Nice! Still not nearly as cool as running AOSP roms, but better than what I'm working with now. Thanks for the head's up!

r1tesh
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by failedjedi View Post
NOPE NOT TRUE.. IF you wipe stock slot..and install custom rom it does not boot. PERIOD!!!!!.. Someone needs ta come up with unlocking the bootloader Like 3 months ago...GHOST!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

failedjedi
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1tesh View Post
NOPE NOT TRUE.. IF you wipe stock slot..and install custom rom it does not boot. PERIOD!!!!!.. Someone needs ta come up with unlocking the bootloader Like 3 months ago...GHOST!!!!

I have the 4.2.2 google play edition on stock slot. No other slots. Boots and is completely bug free.

r1tesh
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Wow wamna tell us how its done..i am kn firmware mf3 then upgraded ta 4.3..so i am screwed..but others would like ur wisdom on this topic..

NighthawkXL
Old
(Last edited by NighthawkXL; 7th December 2013 at 07:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 147

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1tesh View Post
Wow wamna tell us how its done..i am kn firmware mf3 then upgraded ta 4.3..so i am screwed..but others would like ur wisdom on this topic..

Well if you updated to MK2 via the OTA update your currently stuck with stock 4.3 right now. Hashcode (the creator of Safestrap) is working on a 4.3 version but it's unknown when / if it will released.

As for flashing to the stock slot in Safestrap it's this easy...
  1. Use the MF3 Odin files to restore your phone to 100% stock via Odin. - Downloads --> MEGA - Mediafire
  2. Root using jortex's MF3 root method.
  3. Reboot
  4. Install the latest version of Safestrap, and install the recovery.
  5. Download a ROM confirmed to work in the stock slot and add the zip files to your SD card.
  6. Download the MF3 Modules for Safestrap from here... and add them to your SD card.
  7. Reboot into Safestrap
  8. Inside Safestrap go to Wipe --> Advance Wipe --> Select Dalvik Cache, Data, Cache, and System. Do NOT select Micro SDcard.
  9. Use the back arrow to return to the main Safestrap menu. IMPORTANT - Do NOT turn of your phone at this point or you will brick.
  10. Select Install and navigate to your custom ROM's zip file. Proceed to flash it...
  11. After the ROM is flashed do NOT reboot yet, instead go back to Install on the menu and install the MF3 modules.
  12. Reboot, and hope for the best.
My Devices
Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337)
  • ROM - Purified [4.4.2]
  • Baseband - MK2 (MLD)
  • Root - Yes
  • Recovery - SafeStrap 3.72
----------------------------------------------------------
B&N Nook Color
  • ROM - MROM-encore [4.2.2]
  • Root - Yes
  • Kernel - Customized Stock
  • Recovery - CWM
----------------------------------------------------------
Enjoying my help? Feel free to help feed this broke college student.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NighthawkXL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]