5,604,443 Members 48,310 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4.1 Verification failing.

Tip us?

NoobieExtraordinare
Old
(Last edited by NoobieExtraordinare; 7th December 2013 at 08:03 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108
Unhappy 4.4.1 Verification failing.

I downloaded the OTA update for my flo (nexus 7 wifi 2013). Checked the md5 checksum and it passes. tried to install it via asb sideload. Unlocked bootloader, stock recovery, stock system image and it says "whole-file verification", "signature verification failed", "installation aborted.

Im at at my wits end why? Everything is ****ing stock and I have re-imaged everything to ****ign stock to be sure and haven't been able to solve this for the last hour.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Update: Yes, I've searched this forums and others and most people come up with "its probably a corrupt download". And it is not. Also, tried iinstalled it with TWRP 2.6.3.1 , it still aborts, albeit with a different error (cant recall).

OJ in Compton
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobieExtraordinare View Post
I downloaded the OTA update for my flo (nexus 7 wifi 2013). Checked the md5 checksum and it passes. tried to install it via asb sideload. Unlocked bootloader, stock recovery, stock system image and it says "whole-file verification", "signature verification failed", "installation aborted.

Im at at my wits end why? Everything is ****ing stock and I have re-imaged everything to ****ign stock to be sure and haven't been able to solve this for the last hour.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Update: Yes, I've searched this forums and others and most people come up with "its probably a corrupt download". And it is not. Also, tried iinstalled it with TWRP 2.6.3.1 , it still aborts, albeit with a different error (cant recall).
You mentioned that it's not corrupt, but have you verified that the file isn't corrupt via something like an MD5 hash? There are numerous programs you can grab from google to do this.

The MD5 for the copy I downloaded from google: ce344ae6d5d2f74f80c9009947c9cbe9

That really should be the only reason you get that error in my experience...if you could find out what the TWRP log says that would help as well.

naturecannon
Old
Thanks Meter 360
WHy not just go the rooted route and install this Stock Rooted 4.4.1 - KOT49E - Official Google OTA! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2558756
"A rising tide lifts all boats" JFK
[

NoobieExtraordinare
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108
Thumbs down Ummm....yes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ in Compton View Post
You mentioned that it's not corrupt, but have you verified that the file isn't corrupt via something like an MD5 hash? There are numerous programs you can grab from google to do this.

The MD5 for the copy I downloaded from google: ce344ae6d5d2f74f80c9009947c9cbe9

That really should be the only reason you get that error in my experience...if you could find out what the TWRP log says that would help as well.
I mentioned that in my original post. Twice. I appreciate the response, but no that isn't the issue.

NoobieExtraordinare
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108
Default Because...

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecannon View Post
WHy not just go the rooted route and install this Stock Rooted 4.4.1 - KOT49E - Official Google OTA! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2558756
I want this stock without root. I guess, it is an option, but then I'd have to unroot it?

OJ in Compton
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobieExtraordinare View Post
I mentioned that in my original post. Twice. I appreciate the response, but no that isn't the issue.
I'm an idiot. Not sure how I managed to miss your first sentence, sorry about that.

AlderCass
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Does it not say where the verification failed? It checks each system file that needs to be patched one by one and when it gets to one that's been modified it aborts the update, whenever this happens for me it says exactly which file it failed on

LG Nexus 5 | ParanoidAndroid 4.2 BETA1 | Franco Kernel
Asus Nexus 7 FHD Wi-Fi | Stock Android 4.4.2 | Franco Kernel | Xposed Framework

NoobieExtraordinare
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108
Default Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlderCass View Post
Does it not say where the verification failed? It checks each system file that needs to be patched one by one and when it gets to one that's been modified it aborts the update, whenever this happens for me it says exactly which file it failed on
Says "whole-file verification failed", "signature verification failed" and "installation aborted", like i mentioned in my post.