XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] stuck while switching to from twrp cwm recover

Tip us?

coma73
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] stuck while switching to from twrp cwm recover

i wanted to try the new cm 11 but needed to install cwm and i had twrp. all i read ssaid i could just flash it over top twrp, i did so and have been stuck at samsung loop. im not sure what to do, tried using odin to restore and now im lost. i dont know if i lost root or what but i have no custom recovery after trying to use odin to flash atwrp. i managed to get cwm to install originally but couldnt flash any roms or boot. i was running jelly beans latest build. any help would be great, ive rooted all my pphones but this note 2 gives me nothing but trouble.

droidx2.3.3
Old
Thanks Meter 70
You flashed the ROM on twrp or you flashed CWM on twrp? Can you get into download mode? Also,this sounds dumb,but are you holding volume up, home, and power to try and boot into recovery? And download mode is volume down , home, and power.

Sent from my KitKat note 2

coma73
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidx2.3.3 View Post
You flashed the ROM on twrp or you flashed CWM on twrp? Can you get into download mode? Also,this sounds dumb,but are you holding volume up, home, and power to try and boot into recovery? And download mode is volume down , home, and power.

i flashed cwm using twrp. ya i know about the buttons. i can only get into download mode. i had something like this happen before but ill be damned if i know how to fix it. the info for the note 2 is a mess. every site references the same pages and those pages are confusing to me. i have dyslexia and it gets hard for me to grasp at times.

droidx2.3.3
Old
Thanks Meter 70
OK. I went through this on my s3 (same process on the note 2). It sounds like you will need to "Odin" back to stock since something got messed up. And it may have been something not of your doing. I will try and find you the thread on how to do this. What I do is read the thread a few times then write down what the steps are so I can look at that instead of swapping pages on the computer. I will try and post the link in a minute.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

This should help you out. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask. Just a note (no pun intended) this will make you start over completely. It will be like your pulling your phone out of the box for the first time. So I would hope that any backups you had are on the external SD card and I highly suggest you backup the SD card before starting anything. Here's the link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2024207

droidx2.3.3
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Any progress?

droidx2.3.3
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Sorry to be a pain but did you ever figure out this issue. I hate to see someone stuck without a phone for a long time. I know iy sucks when weird stuff happens when flashing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app