5,600,841 Members 41,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

unable to boot without 'debrick' sdcard

Tip us?

Daoiod
Old
(Last edited by Daoiod; 7th December 2013 at 06:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megiddo2000 View Post
If I flash 4.3 stock, then it's not downgrading. It's just maintaining that bootloader. Then how come the odin flash fails?
Right now I'm trying t oget my phone to boot w/o a sd card. It doesn't matter what version I have to flash. It's just that every version seems to be failing.
Sorry, I wasn't very specific. Because you're on MJC, there's no way to downgrade. That's why none of those ROMs work.

You need to flash the 4.3 MJC firmware via Odin because when you flashed that MD5 firmware, it messed with the MJC bootloader, and the MJC firmware won't let you downgrade to a lower firmware.

So flashing the 4.3 MJC firmware will restore the MJC bootloader, unbricking your phone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daoiod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Megiddo2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoiod View Post
Sorry, I wasn't very specific. Because you're on MJC, there's no way to downgrade. That's why none of those ROMs work.

You need to flash the 4.3 MJC firmware via Odin because when you flashed that MD5 firmware, it messed with the MJC bootloader, and the MJC firmware won't let you downgrade to a lower firmware.

So flashing the 4.3 MJC firmware will restore the MJC bootloader, unbricking your phone.
For anyone who's facing this problem, I just used samsung Kies and it fixed the problem in less than 10 minutes. It boots fine w/o the sd card now.

My firmware was preserved, so I had no problems flashing newer roms.
It did, however, unroot my device, so just be prepared to redo that process.