XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to format

Tip us?

vasilisaerox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default how to format

hello i had installed some rom to my note 2 (n7100) and now that i have found a good one i have the same directory from an ather rom and i have made full wipe. i have external and interlal memory but in internal i have like android, download, DCIM,videos,titaniumbackup and athers and i have a folder with the name "0" and inside it there is an ather directory and i want to make all that like new to format it to one partition....any help?

cabessius
Old
(Last edited by cabessius; 7th December 2013 at 11:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasilisaerox View Post
hello i had installed some rom to my note 2 (n7100) and now that i have found a good one i have the same directory from an ather rom and i have made full wipe. i have external and interlal memory but in internal i have like android, download, DCIM,videos,titaniumbackup and athers and i have a folder with the name "0" and inside it there is an ather directory and i want to make all that like new to format it to one partition....any help?
Before changing to a new base you should also wipe internal SD. CM, for example, uses a different directory tree. Before a major rom flash I always flash super-wipe in order to get rid of leftovers from previous rom.

vasilisaerox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
in my storage i have storage>emulated>0 and then my storage and files

cabessius
Old
Thanks Meter 399
Quote:
in my storage i have storage>emulated>0 and then my storage and files
Again, the rom you flashed uses a different directory tree, so now you have the files that the rom uses in storage/emulated/0/ and in the base directory all the files that the previous rom used.
If you want to get rid of useless files and keep everything clean and tidy you should flash the super-wipe file before flashing a new rom.

vasilisaerox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
i did the super wipe but the emulated and 0 its there again.....i need to delete them

cabessius
Old
Thanks Meter 399
Quote:
i did the super wipe but the emulated and 0 its there again.....i need to delete them
You cannot delete them as long as you use the rom that you currently have, because that is the path that the rom uses. If you want to get rid of it you must use a rom that doesnīt use that directory structure (stock Samsung rom for example), flashing super wipe before.

vasilisaerox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
did the DN3(Ditto Note 3) ROM use those files?

cabessius
Old
Thanks Meter 399
Quote:
did the DN3(Ditto Note 3) ROM use those files?
No.

CM uses it, for sure.

Anyway, it is not a problem to use a rom with that directory structure, itīs just different and you will get used to it.

vasilisaerox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
thanks...an anter think i am looking for cwm v6.0.3.7 that i have it from an rom that i was tested and i want to instal it after an official rom...but i cant find it to download