XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Error Code 65 - Everywhere off network data

Tip us?

RickSevo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Error Code 65 - Everywhere off network data

My phone works excellent when it is on Sprint Network. When I go off network (when I got to work) it will maintain a 3g connection for a while but when it loses the data connection, it is gone until I am back with in Sprint's network. I know this area has Verizon and US Cell towers all over.

It gets "Error Code 65: Unable to establish wireless data connection. If the problem persists, please contact your mobile phone company." So I contacted them and basically they say it is not their fault if the towers in that area won’t allow me to roam. Well...this is not true, my wife's I-Phone always has extended data, I could be sitting right next to her with my Error Code 65 message and she could be roaming and using the data connection.

I got my MSL from sprint and reset using the dial pad. I updated profile a gazillion times. I updated PRL a gazillion times. I have factory reset a few times. When I first got the phone it would get roaming data fine. In September/October it became unusable.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

-Apollo-
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Did you try ##72786# yet?

RickSevo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Apollo- View Post
Did you try ##72786# yet?
Actually, no... Do I just reset it?

Thanks

RickSevo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I reset it. Did a hands free activation. I don't know if this will fix it or not as the factory reset prompted this as well.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

omgjoz
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I have this same problem since rooting and flashing Stock Goodies

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

RickSevo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have not rooted or anything. What's did sprint tell you?

-Apollo-
Old
Thanks Meter 45
When you factory reset are you doing a hard reset from bootloader? If not, try that. If same problem persists I would say it's something Sprint has messed up on your account. If they still say everything is fine on their end then maybe try RUU.

RickSevo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Do you have to unlock the bootloader? I looked up how to access the menu but all it's doing is restarting. Sorry newb here.

-Apollo-
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Power phone off. Hold volume down while powering on and it will bring you into bootloader menu. From there you will see option to factory reset. This way of resetting is referred to as a "hard reset". If you already tried that then look up how to perform RUU depending on what HBOOT version have. You can see what version you have while in bootloader menu.

RickSevo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks I will give it a shot