XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting Phone

Tip us?

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1706
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildogmp View Post
I mean the phone wont boot. pulled battery and all that but phone wont turn on, wont boot into recovery or downloading mode. nothing
So you flashed the bootchain in PDA, waited for the tar file to flash, your S3 rebooted on its own and it would not boot back up? Or did something else happen? I've used that thread and many others as you can see in there with no issues.

Cuz unfortunately that sounds like a hard brick and there's two ways of recovering from that. The first way is doing this which requires you to have a class 10 sdcard that is the same size as your phone's internal storage. The other way is paying and shipping it off to a third party service like MobileTechVideos.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

devildogmp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
So you flashed the bootchain in PDA, waited for the tar file to flash, your S3 rebooted on its own and it would not boot back up? Or did something else happen? I've used that thread and many others as you can see in there with no issues.

Cuz unfortunately that sounds like a hard brick and there's two ways of recovering from that. The first way is doing this which requires you to have a class 10 sdcard that is the same size as your phone's internal storage. The other way is paying and shipping it off to a third party service like MobileTechVideos.
I gave up. I went to the store and bought a Galaxy Note 2. I won't be rooting any more phones any time soon..

dub913
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
So it flashed successfully in Odin? You don't boot back into your rom, you pull the battery then continue onto the next step after putting the phone back into Download mode.

I was going to tell you to post in the Sprint S3 Q/A section, but I see you just made a thread. Good luck.
Ok now when I try to use cwm it says can't mount can't mount can't open can't mount the it aborts ????

stolo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Use Odin to flash to stock then use casual to root/install recovery, ezz

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Darwin award

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildogmp View Post
I gave up. I went to the store and bought a Galaxy Note 2. I won't be rooting any more phones any time soon..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app