XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] unlock unroot?

Tip us?

limache
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] unlock unroot?

I rooted my HTC One and unlocked the bootloader a while ago. I flashed the Venom rom so I assumed I was rooted. However, I did root checker recently and it said I wasn't rooted. How is this possible? I recently asked Sprint to unlock my phone for international usage. Would that unroot my phone? I thought once I rooted my HTC One, it would be rooted permanently?

Baldome
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Are you s-off? Some people were having root problems after flashing 4.3 roms. Re flash viper and choose the s-on option if your s-on.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

limache
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldome View Post
Are you s-off? Some people were having root problems after flashing 4.3 roms. Re flash viper and choose the s-on option if your s-on.

Yes I'm S-On. Does this mean I have to re-root my phone again? What if I want to flash another 4.3 rom (like Bad Boyz) or a 4.4 (like Beanstalk)?

Baldome
Old
Thanks Meter 3
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2493552

Try the method found in link.

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

To answer your question about flashing other roms. If you can still get into custom recovery aka TWRP or CWM. You should still be able to flash ROM's . I suggest you look into getting s-off it seems a lot of problems like yours don't happen when your phone is s-off. Do a Google search on getting s-off and you will find 3 methods that I know of to gain s-off. Make sure you read through each thread thoroughly so you are using the right method for your bootlloader version. I used revone to gain s-off which was really easy. There are also some good you tube videos that take you through the process. The best advice I can give you regarding any changes you are making to your device is research every thread that you can and make sure you understand exactly what you are doing beforehand. The forums are filled with questions from people who could have avoided a lot of trouble just by doing more research. Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to Baldome For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

limache
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldome View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2493552

Try the method found in link.

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

To answer your question about flashing other roms. If you can still get into custom recovery aka TWRP or CWM. You should still be able to flash ROM's . I suggest you look into getting s-off it seems a lot of problems like yours don't happen when your phone is s-off. Do a Google search on getting s-off and you will find 3 methods that I know of to gain s-off. Make sure you read through each thread thoroughly so you are using the right method for your bootlloader version. I used revone to gain s-off which was really easy. There are also some good you tube videos that take you through the process. The best advice I can give you regarding any changes you are making to your device is research every thread that you can and make sure you understand exactly what you are doing beforehand. The forums are filled with questions from people who could have avoided a lot of trouble just by doing more research. Hope this helps.

Thanks will do!