XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Knock-on sometimes unresponsive

Tip us?

AirDiamond
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Knock-on sometimes unresponsive

Does anyone else have the problem that sometimes your phone requires some real bitch-slapping to wake up via knock on? Sometimes it wakes right up but most if the time I have to knock five or six times.

I've tried knocking at different locations and at different intervals but I can't figure out the trick.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to AirDiamond For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oldpreowner
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDiamond View Post
Does anyone else have the problem that sometimes your phone requires some real bitch-slapping to wake up via knock on? Sometimes it wakes right up but most if the time I have to knock five or six times.

I've tried knocking at different locations and at different intervals but I can't figure out the trick.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
Me too lol

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

bearsblack
Old
Thanks Meter 104
I just taptaptap till it wakes up. But sometimes it will wake and then screen off instantly from multiple taps.. Strange..

Sent from LG-LS980
Sent from LG-LS980

WTT: MY SPRINT LG G2 FOR NEXUS 5 both black 32GB.... PM ME

rokfor2000
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsblack View Post
I just taptaptap till it wakes up. But sometimes it will wake and then screen off instantly from multiple taps.. Strange..

Sent from LG-LS980
I don't have problems with knock on at all. In my case I've found that taping really quickly actualy reduces the sucess rate. Try moderae taps at stedy paste. Also if you cover proximity sensor it won't work. My guess is that it's a "pocket safety" feature to prevent self wake up.

A little bit of practise and you'll get there

pipops
Old
Thanks Meter 4
No problem at all here, just like double-clicking a mouse

but from my experiment, the center area is more responsive than the side, try it with light tap

ralphie1267
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Hi guys noob question here: I don't have any problems with knock knock but I thought there is supposed to be a knock sound when taping on phone? I can't figure out how to enable the knock sound..can someone help? Thanks

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app