5,598,171 Members 44,234 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD]Remove Adds. No black screen. No 3rd party unlocker.

Tip us?

johnnydowngrief
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I wrote amazon an email. So wish me luck. I may just have to wait until we have unlocked bootloader and a method to unbrick with fastboot cable. I paid too much for postage and VAT (stupid EU ) to satisfy with a refund. The best option for me would be a replacement with the postage covered by Amazon, but I am not that optimistic.

johnnydowngrief
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Edit : I just talked to amazon support. They are going to send me a replacement to the Czech republic and even cover the postage. Way to go.

mysongranhills
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydowngrief View Post
Edit : I just talked to amazon support. They are going to send me a replacement to the Czech republic and even cover the postage. Way to go.
Awesome. Glad to hear Amazon customer service is as good as ever.

tech6
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I changed the file name also before doing the factory reset. However, I had not attempted to install Google Play. I have the new kindle. I just had to re-install all my apps.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

johnnydowngrief
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Sorry for OT. Now they are telling me they can't cover the postage, which means 100 dollars just for the postage and another 50 dollars for the possibility of paying another VAT. I guess i will have to wait for an un-brick method..As of now i can get to the stock recovery, but ADB is not recognized.

goodayoo
Old
Thanks Meter 7
it must have some other way to do it , your way is too risky, may brick my hdx.

StAlfonzo
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Just wondering, but if wallpapers appeared on the lock screen after the restart, I shouldn't need to do a factory reset, right? I'm just wondering if a reset would be optimal, or if I'm fine.

Heliotrope65
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAlfonzo View Post
Just wondering, but if wallpapers appeared on the lock screen after the restart, I shouldn't need to do a factory reset, right? I'm just wondering if a reset would be optimal, or if I'm fine.
When I first rooted it, I saw a regular wallpaper one time. After that, it was a black screen without fail. I know that you probably don't want to factory reset, but trust me when I tell you that it works seamlessly once it's reset. Yeah, it's a pain installing everything again. But it's worth it to have saved $15.

Take that, Amazon!
The Following User Says Thank You to Heliotrope65 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wannafly
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Just chat with the customer support, ask him to remove the "special offer" if you are in the country(such as China) where you can NOT use this "special offer".

StAlfonzo
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliotrope65 View Post
When I first rooted it, I saw a regular wallpaper one time. After that, it was a black screen without fail. I know that you probably don't want to factory reset, but trust me when I tell you that it works seamlessly once it's reset. Yeah, it's a pain installing everything again. But it's worth it to have saved $15.

Take that, Amazon!
Yeah, you're right. It went black after the first one. Luckily I only received my kindle last night, so there wasn't much to reinstall after the reset.

Tags
remove ads kindle fire hdx