XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Voiding my warranty with root of a HTC one

Tip us?

horseman3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Voiding my warranty with root of a HTC one

Hi a couple of months ago I purchased a HTC one from vodafone Australia it came with warranty but I'm sick of my HTC sense with vodafones apps installed and I want to root but when I look online all I can find is that it may void my warranty and there are tales of people handing there phones in whilst being rooted and having there device fixed if anyone can help me It would be much appreciate because I want to know what part of rooting will void my warranty and what will not .

Thanks

-fluffy-
Old
Thanks Meter 1350

DONATE TO ME
ok what it Means is that if u root or unlock bootloader ur warrenty will be void as said it will not cover any damage on ur phone if it breaks or goes Down when or under rooting the phone if the phone under any way needs to go to service u need to unroot it or Lock bootloader Again before sending it back to service otherwise the is no warrenty there will cover the damage no mater what the error is on the phone
so here is u can easy root it an install custom roms an use rootexplore on it
BUT MAKE SURE THAT IT IS UNROOTED BEFORE SENDING IT FORE SERVICE
The Following User Says Thank You to -fluffy- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

horseman3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you so much I just needed a straight sender and you gave it thanks I'm just reallysick of not having root and I just needed to know if I could just unroot it when sending it back or if they could detect that I did that.