XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't get past CM boot screen.

Tip us?

IntoxicatingToxin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Can't get past CM boot screen.

So tonight I rooted my phone and decided to download CyanogenMod to it. I created a backup of my phones current install, wiped/reformatted, and installed the latest stable release of CyanogenMod from their website (version 10.2.0). I followed the instructions on CyanogenMod's website for installing from recovery since Heimdall isn't supporting right now. Everything went great, said my radio was recent enough, installed with no issues. I go to reboot and I just got the spinning arrow for ages, won't load. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

IntoxicatingToxin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Grrr.. and now, when I try to restore my backup, my phone won't boot. It either crashes on the boot screen and turns off, or I get stuck in a "boot loop" where it just reboots over and over and over but never gets past the splash screen. Ideas?

tpag02
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoxicatingToxin View Post
Grrr.. and now, when I try to restore my backup, my phone won't boot. It either crashes on the boot screen and turns off, or I get stuck in a "boot loop" where it just reboots over and over and over but never gets past the splash screen. Ideas?
I and a bunch people are going through the same. We're waiting for someone who comes up with a solution.

IntoxicatingToxin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpag02 View Post
I and a bunch people are going through the same. We're waiting for someone who comes up with a solution.
Well, it's good to know I'm not alone I suppose, but this is frustrating - I don't have a backup phone. :/ Going through an alternate method to try and restore my phone to stock settings - stock is way better than no phone. Lol.

xj0nx
Old
Thanks Meter 3
If it vibrates and restarts over and over until you remove the battery. It's a bad power button. I had it happen to me. I unsoldered the button off for now. It stays on now i have a touch recovery and use volume to wake and a tile to sleep.

IntoxicatingToxin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xj0nx View Post
If it vibrates and restarts over and over until you remove the battery. It's a bad power button. I had it happen to me. I unsoldered the button off for now. It stays on now i have a touch recovery and use volume to wake and a tile to sleep.
It's only a bad power button when I try to flash CyanogenMod, then. :P I found a way to revert back to stock and my phone is fine.

tpag02
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoxicatingToxin View Post
It's only a bad power button when I try to flash CyanogenMod, then. :P I found a way to revert back to stock and my phone is fine.
That makes no sense. It definitely isn't a bad power button because it works just fine with stock.