5,595,815 Members 34,856 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung no longer friendly to XDA?

Tip us?

AstroDigital
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default Samsung no longer friendly to XDA?

It has been months but no ROMs.

Did not once Samsung release source code, unlocked bootloaders?

But now what do we have Knox ?

I will never submit my personal Note 3 to Knox, my company ever decides to use it.
Too bad I pay for my device and plan, I will just use the phone for personal use.

I think they want to push Knox down our throats, suck up to government, and business and forget the personal users.
Agree?

I am running Rogers Rom, I wonder if I should look into a T-Mobile Rom, think they have the same bands?

Agent
Old
Thanks Meter 339

DONATE TO ME
Well it's really AT&T and it's brothers that are the culprits. Of course Samsung agreed to it I'm sure. I'm not exactly a Knox fan. T-Mobile on the other hand will work just fine on the AT&T and I think it will do the same for Rogers. I know that the bootloader isn't locked on the T-Mobile variant.

ReggieSmith
Old
Thanks Meter 63
It's only a matter of time before tmo starts picking them down as well. Right now they are desperate to keep what user base they have. Once they settle, they will want a piece of the corporate pie. Only way to do that is to lock the phones down.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (AT&T)

Rukbat
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
It's only a matter of time before tmo starts picking them down as well. Right now they are desperate to keep what user base they have. Once they settle, they will want a piece of the corporate pie. Only way to do that is to lock the phones down.
The only way to stop that is to buy phones that aren't locked down, even if they're Chinese garbage. Unless someone Sues Samsung.