5,597,313 Members 35,567 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I apply this file into my Samsung GalaxyS4 that removes all the bloatware?

Tip us?

michaelli1991
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How do I apply this file into my Samsung GalaxyS4 that removes all the bloatware?

I have absolutely no background knowledge of anything in a smartphone so bear with me. My device is rooted though.

Ok you know how Samsung Galaxy S4 came with all those stock apps? I want to be able to delete all of them.

With some simple google searches I found this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2307355

I attempted some of these steps but I have absolutely, not even the slightest how to complete those steps that person has outlined.

Here are the steps:

Download the zip file "TrulyClean_v1.6_MEDIUM_SBROWSER" extract it.

1. Use the default script or edit the script after your taste. (see "hidden "tutorial above!)

2. Copy recovery.zip to phone.

3a. For best experience - do a full wipe, install a custom rom and then flash TrulyClean.zip.

3b. Script only removes apps in /system, so you have to uninstall any updated apps manually.

4. Flash in recovery (I use PhilZ Touch) & run script after every time you flash a new rom.

5. Enjoy and tell me what you think!

So I downloaded the zip file and extracted it, there were two files into: META-INF and busybox.

Ok so I put them in a folder on the desktop called recovery.

On step 2 I zip the folder I created, so now it's called recovery.zip

On step 3 I don't know anything beyond that, are there step by step tutorials with pictures that illustrate these steps?

S1LENT_
Old
Thanks Meter 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelli1991 View Post
Ok you know how Samsung Galaxy S4 came with all those stock apps? I want to be able to delete all of them.
Hello,
This is ROMCleaner - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2348256
It is a simple zip which you flash in recovery and also comes with a ROMCleaner_user.txt which you serves as the list of apps you want to delete.
Very easy to edit and use.

Also,
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2507931
This is a great ready-to-flash script you can try if you are a little unsure of editing your own custom list.
Galaxy S4 GT I9500___OmegaX v20 XXUFNC1 Perfected By All Backs Black & My BloatKiller

SonyE Xperia Arc S___CM10.1 Dark ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to S1LENT_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maanz "L"
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 763

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelli1991 View Post
I have absolutely no background knowledge of anything in a smartphone so bear with me. My device is rooted though.

With some simple google searches I found this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2307355

I attempted some of these steps but I have absolutely, not even the slightest how to complete those steps that person has outlined.

Here are the steps:

Download the zip file "TrulyClean_v1.6_MEDIUM_SBROWSER" extract it.

1. Use the default script or edit the script after your taste. (see "hidden "tutorial above!)

2. Copy recovery.zip to phone.

3a. For best experience - do a full wipe, install a custom rom and then flash TrulyClean.zip.

3b. Script only removes apps in /system, so you have to uninstall any updated apps manually.

4. Flash in recovery (I use PhilZ Touch) & run script after every time you flash a new rom.

5. Enjoy and tell me what you think!

So I downloaded the zip file and extracted it, there were two files into: META-INF and busybox.

Ok so I put them in a folder on the desktop called recovery.

On step 2 I zip the folder I created, so now it's called recovery.zip

On step 3 I don't know anything beyond that, are there step by step tutorials with pictures that illustrate these steps?
Hi.
U do not need to extract the two files.
U only do this if u want to remove any system apps u don't want to remove in the update script.
Just copy the zip file in yr sdcard and flash in recovery.
That's it.

Cheers.

A member of X-TremE Team.

"Thanks button is just to avoid "thanks" posts in threads. Nothing more than that.
Don't ask in signature or post for it and defeat the purpose why it was introduced"

"Support for Mirko and LegendK95 against piracy..."

"Devs stealing Goldieking's Alliance App.."

Support Silent Circle and the BlackPhone.
Protecting our privacies from NSA and governments threats.

kirbee213
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Wait, if your rooted. Why not just buy (yes buy, it's worth it) Titanium Backup or Rom Manager Pro and freeze, backup, and uninstall the apps you want removed. And then you have a good end user friendly GUI to work with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app