XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Thinking of getting a Tablet :)

Tip us?

AGoogleUser
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default Thinking of getting a Tablet :)

Hey everyone! Its that time of year where we get all these new bells and whistles! Hope everyone has a fantastic holiday!

Now down to business. I want a tablet! I have had many phones and i just want something big and something i can easily root and customize. I want to get a Nexus tablet just for the simplicity of vanilla android however im not sure which one to get! Like i said i want something BIG. I was looking between the 2012 and 2013 nexus 7's and to be honest just to save a bit of looty I would probably choose the 2012. I looked on swappa and found some amazing deals. And with the help of the might internet i was able to compare prices and see where it would be best to get a tablet. Now for the people of xda: Which tablet would you pick and which is the one that is best for a "first-time" tablet user.

Thanks!

thatdude02
Old
Thanks Meter 49
I have an Acer Iconia A500 I bought as my first tablet about a year and a half ago, and truly loved it. I was big with a 10 inch screen and way better than my phone. Then about 3 months ago I decided to upgrade to a Nexus 7 2013 model.

The difference was outstanding! The screen is absolutely amazing! 1080p is ridiculously awesome! It was fast, light and this as well as so much easier to pack around. I booted up the A500 the other day and was kind of dissapointed of the lack of speed and clarity of the screen.

Overall if you find a good deal on the original model, I think that you will enjoy it. My friend has that model and she loves it and I don't think that it is all that bad. The only thing that I prefer the original model compared to the new one is the finish of the back and the thicker and rounder dimensions are slightly easier to grab. Might not be a bad way to jump into the tablet trend.

If you are willing to spend a little more, I would recommend the 2013 model just because of how crazy fast it is and how easy it multitasks and keeps all your apps open. I am running vanilla Android so I do not know much about the ROM scene, but I still love it.

Just remember that this is your decision and I believe whatever you choose, you will love your tablet!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Moto X!

Ok Google now
The Following User Says Thank You to thatdude02 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android, holiday, nexus, tablet