XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Boot loop after RUU

Tip us?

abrahammmmmmm_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default [Q] Boot loop after RUU

So my problem is the further, I had a fully working HTC first with the latest Hboot update previously moonshined with the old one. So I had S-off, root, JMZ's custom kernel and an unlocked bootloader but then after a while I've done alot of flashes, zip installs tweaks and modifications that created pesky problems that wouldn't go away with a simple wipe in CWM. That's okay though I could just do a complete restore with the RUU. And i did, no I didn't re-lock the bootloader because I had S-off anyways. Everything came out great. But then I went ahead and the problems started to happen.. After unlocking the bootloader I had an eternal bootloop that wouldn't go away, but did a simple re-lock and booted up just fine.
My question is what the hell am I doing wrong? does it have to do with the version of RUU im using?

Kendosis
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrahammmmmmm_ View Post
So my problem is the further, I had a fully working HTC first with the latest Hboot update previously moonshined with the old one. So I had S-off, root, JMZ's custom kernel and an unlocked bootloader but then after a while I've done alot of flashes, zip installs tweaks and modifications that created pesky problems that wouldn't go away with a simple wipe in CWM. That's okay though I could just do a complete restore with the RUU. And i did, no I didn't re-lock the bootloader because I had S-off anyways. Everything came out great. But then I went ahead and the problems started to happen.. After unlocking the bootloader I had an eternal bootloop that wouldn't go away, but did a simple re-lock and booted up just fine.
My question is what the hell am I doing wrong? does it have to do with the version of RUU im using?
You got to turn S-ON after you RUU a previously S-OFF'd device.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kendosis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abrahammmmmmm_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendosis View Post
You got to turn S-ON after you RUU a previously S-OFF'd device.
Wow, well I was completely unaware of that. Sorry for the noob question but how would i go about in doing that?

Kendosis
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Wow, well I was completely unaware of that. Sorry for the noob question but how would i go about in doing that?
http://androidforums.com/internation...ine-s-off.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Kendosis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abrahammmmmmm_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Thanks! One question: what's the stock cid number for the RUU the first has? I now have S-on but when I tried to run the RUU again to see if everything was working I got error 131 which shows when there's a CID mismatch. The CID I used was cws__001. I have the first with a t-mobile simcard by the way if that changes anything

Kendosis
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Thanks! One question: what's the stock cid number for the RUU the first has? I now have S-on but when I tried to run the RUU again to see if everything was working I got error 131 which shows when there's a CID mismatch. The CID I used was cws__001. I have the first with a t-mobile simcard by the way if that changes anything
Try a different version of the ruu, there's two iirc. Try version 1.08.502.1 if that doesn't work try the next version.

abrahammmmmmm_
Old
(Last edited by abrahammmmmmm_; 9th December 2013 at 03:27 AM.) Reason: update
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Try a different version of the ruu, there's two iirc. Try version 1.08.502.1 if that doesn't work try the next version.
I tried both and it's a no go. Pretty sure it has to do with me changing the cid number on without knowing to the one I said earlier. But I guess if I would ever want to run the ruu I'd have to s-off it first and do it the long way then but at least I can successfully unlock the boot loader now with no problems, or at least I think. (Haven't tried it yet)

Edit:
Problem solved I unlocked the bootloader once more moonshined and set a supercid on the phone