5,600,919 Members 42,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 7 2013 Bricked

Tip us?

shani248
Old
(Last edited by shani248; 7th December 2013 at 12:46 PM.) Reason: Changed image link
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thumbs down [Q] Nexus 7 2013 Bricked

My fully functional non-rooted 2013 Nexus 7 32 gb, all of sudden rebooted and got stuck on the Google logo. I had done nothing special before and it was not dropped or anything. I waited and it keeps rebooting, after like 5 mins or so, no X or anything, just google logo.

I went into the recovery menu and instantly saw these errors that i am pasting in the image. I tried factory resettings, it formats data but gives same errors on other partitions.

Is it physically damaged ?

Bogdacutu
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Try flashing the factory images from Google (there's a tutorial somewhere, but if you managed to get in recovery it shouldn't be that hard to find )

jletria
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Looks like the disk died
I'd reboot and try to wipe it again.
If that fails, I'd send it to warranty.

ChiDi9901
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Send it to warranty. Looks like something is wrong with the hardware, your device can't access certain folders or locations. You can try flashing the stock Google image but, if your Nexus 7 can't cache things, I don't think it will work.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

shani248
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Ah crap. Problem is, my cousin bought these from the States, and I'm in Pakistan.. will have to see if anyone is going there..
Tags
2013 nexus 7, bricked, flo