5,605,311 Members 38,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G2 D801 unable to get to download mode

Tip us?

g2x_pig
Old
(Last edited by g2x_pig; 8th December 2013 at 02:30 AM.) Reason: subscribing to responses
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default LG G2 D801 unable to get to download mode

I recently put TWRP on my LG G2 from Tmobile (D801). I then used it to flash CyanogenMod 10.2. It worked great. Then I decided to see if any other ROMS were available.

I downloaded AEON v3.zip (which I now realize was for D800) and tried to flash it from TWRP. It (obviously) didn't work as I expected, and now I can't get the phone into recovery mode. When I try to get it into the download mode (volume up+plugging in USB), the download mode screen flashes up for a second, but then it just goes to the Fastboot mode started /udc_start() screen.

It appears that I can use the fastboot utility on my computer to interact with the phone. fastboot devices -l results in a question mark (it says "? fastboot").

I've tried downloading openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.2-g2tmo.img and flashing it to my device with:

fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.2-g2tmo.img

It indicates that it is successful ("OK") but I still cannot get into recovery mode.

Help?

Vepaot
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Try downloading an app from The Play store called Quick Boot, it should let you reboot into recovery. Also, I'd imagine CM has a feature that allows you to boot into recovery from the power menu when you hold your power button down for a sec.

Sent from CAMACHO, my Verizon G2 (VS980) running PAC ROM.

The Aphotic Chaotic
LG G2 VS980 (Verizon) [JB 4.3] PAC-man ROM
Nexus 7 [JB 4.2.2] XenonHD

g2x_pig
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default solved

Thanks for the reply! I didn't have a working ROM to boot into, so I was just trying to get into Recovery mode to begin with.

Got some help from autoprime on #lg-g2 and found out that I was using the wrong timing on my recovery mode key presses to get into TWRP.