5,594,151 Members 46,539 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] How to S-Off and install ENG hboot to your One V

Tip us?

simonsickle
Old
(Last edited by simonsickle; 8th December 2013 at 05:39 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 904

DONATE TO ME
Default [GUIDE] How to S-Off and install ENG hboot to your One V

Disclaimer:
I (or anyone other than yourself) am not responsible for anything that goes wrong with your phone. This process is very safe, and the likelihood of bricking your phone is so small that you have a better chance of flying to the sun without a rocket. If you read the guide here closely and do not alter from it in any way, your phone will be S-Off and fully ready to have fun with.

I did not write any code or have any involvement with the development of rumrunner. If you want to donate to someone, donate to them at rumrunnerdevs@gmail.com via PayPal. Really guys, I didn't do anything more than test.
For Linux:
For Linux, you do not have to install anything to your hard disk. In fact, you only need a USB port or CD-ROM drive. Ubuntu (32bit) is the recommended distro, however others will work. This guide will only use the Ubuntu given below, for universality purposes.
Downloads:
Firstly, we need to get some important files. Please download all the files given below
  1. Ubuntu 13.10 (32bit)
  2. rumrunner (Go to One V Linux at the bottom of the page)
  3. hboot mod (For your corresponding device, for more info see Device Identification section)
    NOTE: Some variants do not have Hboot mod yet. Please be patient.
  4. ADB and Fastboot
  5. Unsecured boot.img
    If primoc or if primou (DONT have a stock boot.img yet... can someone send that in a PM please)

Now that you have all the files, boot into Ubuntu. I will not go into detail in how to do this, as it is well documented elsewhere.
Once in Ubuntu, open a terminal for usage.
Now minimize this and place the downloaded files onto your desktop.
unzip the adb_fastboot_linux.zip file to the Desktop
Un-tar and Un-gzip your rumrunner file to the desktop. This can be done by double clicking the file, then clicking extract.
unzip the adb_fastboot_linux.zip
move Primoc_Unsecureboot.img into adb_fastboot_linux/
go to your terminal, type "cd ~/Desktop/adb_fastboot_linux/ && chmod a+x *"
now type the command "sudo ./adb reboot bootloader" (if you get waiting for device, enable USB debugging in developer settings)
If you're not unlocked, unlock at htcdev now... Else, continue
Run the command "sudo fastboot flash boot Primoc_Unsecureboot.img" then "sudo fastboot reboot"
Now....Type in "cd ~/Desktop/rumrunner_primo_0.5.6" and press enter.
Now, type in sudo soju. Respond to the prompts within the program and follow all the directions.

You should now be S-Off... want more power, well lets get it.

If your device has a hboot mod follow the following commands.
move the hboot_rumrunner_primoc.zip into adb_fastboot_linux/
"sudo adb reboot bootloader"
"sudo fastboot erase cache"
"sudo fastboot oem rebootRUU"
"sudo fastboot flash zip hboot_rumrunner_primoc.zip"
OR if it primou
"sudo fastboot flash zip hboot_rumrunner_primou.zip"
Congradulations, you are now S-OFF and can flash kernels in recovery. You also have flat out ultimate control over your phone; however, tread carefully. With great power comes great responsibility.
NOTE: Windows coming soon.

Device Identification:
It is important to know which device you have with the S-Off process. If you do not know what device you have, you can severely damage your device, possibly bricking it. To prevent this, follow the steps for identification below.
  1. Unplug phone if plugged in
  2. Go to settings>power>fastboot(disable)
  3. power off phone completely
  4. once phone is off, press volume down+power until bootloader appears
  5. look in the top left corner, you will see either Primou or Primoc
  6. If primou appears, you are GSM if primoc appears you are CDMA
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to simonsickle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simonsickle
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 904

DONATE TO ME
Reserved

Im leaving this thread closed until I get a chance to write up windows as well
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to simonsickle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe