5,594,221 Members 45,957 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My phone won't mount the internal memory!

Tip us?

gabezermeno
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default My phone won't mount the internal memory!

My phone came broken, it wouldn't make phone calls. I tried a bunch of different roms and none of them worked. Now I can't even boot into a rom and it just hangs at the splash screen of whatever rom I flash. In Twrp is says that it cant mount anything in the internal memory card pretty much.

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 342

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabezermeno View Post
My phone came broken, it wouldn't make phone calls. I tried a bunch of different roms and none of them worked. Now I can't even boot into a rom and it just hangs at the splash screen of whatever rom I flash. In Twrp is says that it cant mount anything in the internal memory card pretty much.
If TWRP can't find it or fix it, then you will probably have to be S-OFF and RUU back to stock.
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk ROM Official)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (CarbonROM KitKat)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

gabezermeno
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
If TWRP can't find it or fix it, then you will probably have to be S-OFF and RUU back to stock.
Is there really no other way? At this point I feel like just not having a phone. I have been more than a day now with a bricked phone. It just doesn't seem worth it anymore. I can't get s-off because I need to be on a stock rom to do so. I can't install a stock rom because everyone I download doesn't work.

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1147

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Is there really no other way? At this point I feel like just not having a phone. I have been more than a day now with a bricked phone. It just doesn't seem worth it anymore. I can't get s-off because I need to be on a stock rom to do so. I can't install a stock rom because everyone I download doesn't work.
have you tried using twrp 2.6.3.0 going into Mount minting the internal sd (emmc) and nothing else and reformatting it from your pc
Samsung Relay 4g
Rom: [4.4.2] [Unofficial] LiquidSmooth v3.0 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
HTC REZOUND
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0 (Masque Of The Red Death) HBOOT: 2.28 Unlocked S-Off Radios: 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r

Donations are never expected but i will always fully appreciate and give thanks for them

gabezermeno
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH View Post
have you tried using twrp 2.6.3.0 going into Mount minting the internal sd (emmc) and nothing else and reformatting it from your pc
It won't let me select the internal sd but it lets me select everything else.

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1147

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
It won't let me select the internal sd but it lets me select everything else.
at the bottom of the selections under the "Mount" tab in TWRP do you get area that says Micro sd or EMMC and storage space size
Samsung Relay 4g
Rom: [4.4.2] [Unofficial] LiquidSmooth v3.0 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
HTC REZOUND
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0 (Masque Of The Red Death) HBOOT: 2.28 Unlocked S-Off Radios: 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r

Donations are never expected but i will always fully appreciate and give thanks for them
The Following User Says Thank You to REV3NT3CH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

michaelbsheldon
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Default still having problem??

"It won't let me select the internal sd but it lets me select everything else."
If you are unlocked or S-0ff and still having this issue, I would suggest installing Amon-Ra recovery
via PH98IMG.zip.
Start recovery, choose USB-MS toggle, connect to Windows machine,
choose toggle internal SD, then format it. could do the external storage to format as well.
Now both should be visible and ready to take your ROM flash or nandroid restore.