XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] URGENT No OS Installed

Tip us?

k1llsh0t16
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] URGENT No OS Installed

I rooted my KFHD and installed hashcode's 2nd bootloader and TWRP recovery. After I backked up my files in recovery I tried to reboot but it kept going back into recovery so i did a wipe and now when I try to reboot it says no OS installed and freezes at the blue Kindle Fire logo. The only thing I can do is go back into recovery. What do I do?

RedsonRising
Old
Thanks Meter 8
TWRP isn't the ROM file. You need to go and push the files to your Kindle. I did something similar (copied the unzipped files instead of just the zip). Unfortunately I am on mobile and not at home, or I would put in the link. Read through the recovery and help threads in the development thread and there are instructions on how to get the ROM zip on there. Then you should be fine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 505

DONATE TO ME
Here's the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2459498

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stunts513 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

k1llsh0t16
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for the replies! But I figured it out on my own this morning :P. If anyone else is having this problem, here's how I fixed it:

I put my kindle into recovery and adb sideload then plugged it in to the computer. After the computer recognized it I went to the device manager and found it under unknown devices. I went into its properties dialog box and clicked update driver. I clicked browse my computer and then let me choose... Then I went into the Kindle Fire submenu and installed the ADB composite interface drivers and voila sideload started working for me!

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 329

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llsh0t16 View Post
Thank you for the replies! But I figured it out on my own this morning :P. If anyone else is having this problem, here's how I fixed it:

I put my kindle into recovery and adb sideload then plugged it in to the computer. After the computer recognized it I went to the device manager and found it under unknown devices. I went into its properties dialog box and clicked update driver. I clicked browse my computer and then let me choose... Then I went into the Kindle Fire submenu and installed the ADB composite interface drivers and voila sideload started working for me!
Glad you got it straitened out. Always keep a nandroid on your recovery. i imagine your "swiped" and cleared everything out. You can wipe Dalvik and CACHE anytime and be fine but swiping in TWRP is a factory reset.