[DEV] Multiboot Linux on Infinity tf700 (project closed)

29th July 2013, 06:26 PM   |  #211  
Thanks Meter: 33

162 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by workdowg

@rabits - I need your help. @moreD_cn has Hund's 4.2 kernel compiled so that will boot to linux and android. But it looks like your installer and init script needs to point to the new sdcard (/storage/emulated/legacy) directory. I copied my rootfs.img to "sdcard/linux/" but it doesn't see it on boot. I'm looking at the installer right now, maybe I can figure it out....

When I tried it didn't see it in the internal sdcard. What you can do is put an SD card in the dock and install to it if you have the rootfs on the microSD (not sure if you can have the rootfs on dock SD to install to microSD though, didn't try that). When I tried earlier it stuck at 90% and I had to abandon the install. I don't think this is the fault of the installer though, I'll give it another go lateer with another SD in the dock. I suppose you could use the original rabits installer to write the fs to the card, then just update the boot kernel using the new installer from moreD_cn.

Once it is installed onto the SD, I really reccomend putting it in a card reader and creating an image of it using clonezilla on the PC. This makes it far faster and easier to write it back to whatever size of partition you chose. This is extremely helpful for backing it up if you are intending to try updates or installing any system apps that can wreck the whole OS.

From what I did try earlier (didn't have a lot of time though) the moreD_cn kernel worked really well on CROMIX 4.7.0, though it did freeze after about 5 mins (may need to change the voltages for using on my TF700).

I really hope this can kickstart developement on linux for out TF700's again as it would be extremely useful to a lot of people.
29th July 2013, 06:45 PM   |  #212  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,053

11,562 posts
Donate to Me
More
l'd love to get linux on my TF700. What needs to be modded in the rootfs?
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2013, 07:41 PM   |  #213  
Flag Seneca Falls
Thanks Meter: 437

1,011 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags

l'd love to get linux on my TF700. What needs to be modded in the rootfs?

Also the kernel he compiled from Hund's latest boots to recovery without a problem??? I'm working on modifing the installer right now to look in the right places for the rootfs.img... more to come!
The Following User Says Thank You to workdowg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2013, 07:45 PM   |  #214  
Thanks Meter: 33

162 posts
Can't tell you how happy I am to see you guys taking interest in this again, seems to have been stalled for a long time. Anytime I can help you with testing just let me know, I've got my NVFlash backup so I can risk a bad flash.
29th July 2013, 08:02 PM   |  #215  
Flag Seneca Falls

1,011 posts
More
Quote:

Also the kernel he compiled from Hund's latest boots to recovery without a problem??? I'm working on modifing the installer right now to look in the right places for the rootfs.img... more to come!

My guess is that the installer is looking in sdcard/ for the rootfs-...tar.lzma. This was probably just easier when @rabits built it. I can't seem to find where the installer looks for the rootfs-....tar.lzma file. Also when I modified the init.sh script he wrote to point to /storage/sdcard/linux for the rootfs.img file I put there, it doesn't find it to boot into... I'm setting it aside for today. Really got to go get some sleep before work...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to workdowg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2013, 02:03 AM   |  #216  
Thanks Meter: 41

123 posts
Quote:

My guess is that the installer is looking in sdcard/ for the rootfs-...tar.lzma. This was probably just easier when @rabits built it. I can't seem to find where the installer looks for the rootfs-....tar.lzma file. Also when I modified the init.sh script he wrote to point to /storage/sdcard/linux for the rootfs.img file I put there, it doesn't find it to boot into... I'm setting it aside for today. Really got to go get some sleep before work...

I heave make link from /data/media/0/linux to /data/media/linux with command ln -s /data/media/0/linux /data/media/linux sims you can install and boot roofs.img . To found installer roofs****.tar.lzma you need to copy rootfs****.tar.lzma to microsd or to USB card or to /data/media/

P.S. I use rabit installer-0.8.0 blob to boot Linux on tf300 4.2 boot loader

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by Keshukas; 30th July 2013 at 02:08 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keshukas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2013, 06:18 AM   |  #217  
Flag Seneca Falls

1,011 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshukas

I heave make link from /data/media/0/linux to /data/media/linux with command ln -s /data/media/0/linux /data/media/linux sims you can install and boot roofs.img . To found installer roofs****.tar.lzma you need to copy rootfs****.tar.lzma to microsd or to USB card or to /data/media/

P.S. I use rabit installer-0.8.0 blob to boot Linux on tf300 4.2 boot loader

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

That was the first thing I tried. I missed the /0... Will try in the morning. Thanks!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The Following User Says Thank You to workdowg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2013, 11:27 AM   |  #218  
Thanks Meter: 15

107 posts
Could you dev's make this also work on the tf201?
It is great to see this work picked up!

I hope you will make it happen and if possible please include the tf201 (prime)

Thanks.

Jos.
31st July 2013, 11:35 AM   |  #219  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Christchurch, NZ
Thanks Meter: 1,073

1,796 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snepscheut

It is great to see this work picked up!

I hope you will make it happen and if possible please include the tf201 (prime)

Thanks.

Jos.

It isn't impossible, but your device most likely requires different drivers to ours, along with different bugs that need to be worked around. You could try this rootfs on the tf201(it works fine on my tf300t, but the tf300t is a closer sibling to the tf700) and see if it boots with your ubuntu kernel, but in the long run you need a developer with a tf201 to do the dirty work.
8th December 2013, 07:19 AM   |  #220  
Flag Qingdao
Thanks Meter: 9

57 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtfpessoa

scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c:200:24: fatal error: zconf.hash.c: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[3]: *** [scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 2
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `include/config/auto.conf', needed by `include/config/kernel.release'. Stop.
make: *** [sub-make] Error 2

hi , how are you , I have the same error when I compile the ROM for my phone(LG-LU6200) , and I didn't find the solution , can you shear your experiment , thanks first .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread