XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Background Data

Tip us?

wassupadi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Background Data

My Network Carrier allows me to use facebook and whatsapp free. So in settings I enabled restrict background data and then started surfing respective apps but later I saw 'android os' is still useing background data. So how can I desable android os to use my data and only allow fb and whatsapp to use. Please help.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1386359877351.jpg
Views:	4072
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	2436956  

ticktock666
Old
Thanks Meter 16
if ypu are rooted, install a firewall app, I reocmmend AFWall+, since it will allow you to grant internet access to apps based on connection type (for example in your case, you can grant android OS access to internet on wifi, but not on 3g)

wassupadi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktock666 View Post
if ypu are rooted, install a firewall app, I reocmmend AFWall+, since it will allow you to grant internet access to apps based on connection type (for example in your case, you can grant android OS access to internet on wifi, but not on 3g)
yes I am rooted and I am useing firewall app also but only this android os is not getting blocked. I have blocked data for all apps except fb and whatsapp and can't find anything like android os on the list also.how to stop this android os toh use data.