XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] replacing tf700... to what?

Tip us?

gutts10
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Tablet [Q] replacing tf700... to what?

hey guys... im a frequent reader (not poster) of the forums and have a simple question. my mom broke my tf700 so i sent it in to squaretrade and the are reimbursing me $499.99 bc they can not fix it (first time using squaretrade and im very happy i insured it through them).

What should i replace it with? i loved the tf700 but i cant see myself spending $400ish on a devices thats a year and a half old.

i was thinking of the kindle fire hdx 8.9 bc that seems like the best bang for your buck at the moment. It has the newest and best hardware out and is getting great reviews. the only problem with the hdx is that the bootloader isnt unlocked and who knows if it will eventually be (i have faith but i dont wanna drop $400 soley on faith). if i get the hdx it is a must that it would have to be on a custom rom as i cant stand the mojito rom amazon uses.

i was also thinking nexus 10 but the same problem as the tf700 comes into play... $400ish for a year old device. it would be a big disapointment to buy it and have the nexus 10.2 come out next month at CES. i understand that tech is always gettin better and ill always be waiting for the next upgrade and yada yada yada but a year old tablet at $400 is a little pushing it. The upside is that the device wouldnt need to be unlocked as it has the best rom on it (stock kitkat).

so pretty much my question is what would you buy if you were on the market for a tablet today???

anyway thanks for your help and thanks for all your past help throughout the 16 months i have had the tf700.

PS- what is you guys opinions on 7" tablets?? i think 10" is where the swet spot is but if you guys can persuade me otherwise.

Felborn
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I'm waiting for the new Nexus 10, it should hopefully be out any day now. No idea on specs or even a date really, but that's what I'm waiting for. I hate the fact that they dont usually have the option of using a memory card with the Nexus range, but I might be able to deal with that if the rest is good. The TF700 has been a huge disapointment, and waiting and praying for a company to release the latest android version is the dealbreaker for me. If I was to buy something now, I would consider the Sony Z, possible the Galaxy Note 10.1, or the TF701.
The Following User Says Thank You to Felborn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]