[Q] A bit confused about the GPU on SM-N900

Tip us?

anir1.618
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] A bit confused about the GPU on SM-N900

Hi guys,

I am going to buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 soon. However the variant which is available to me is the N900 with the Exynos 5420 processor.

The thing is that, I am a bit confused about the GP. It is running a Mali-T628 MP instead of the Adreno 330 on the N9005 models. Will I notice a visible difference in gaming? Is the Mali that bad against the latest Adreno.

Also, do you think that the HMP patch that Samsung hinted at, to unleash the true 8 cores might affect the GPU performance later on?

The processor is the only thing that is stopping me from getting this variant. Please guys, help me out on this.

x102x96x
Old
Thanks Meter 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by anir1.618 View Post
Hi guys,

I am going to buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 soon. However the variant which is available to me is the N900 with the Exynos 5420 processor.

The thing is that, I am a bit confused about the GP. It is running a Mali-T628 MP instead of the Adreno 330 on the N9005 models. Will I notice a visible difference in gaming? Is the Mali that bad against the latest Adreno.

Also, do you think that the HMP patch that Samsung hinted at, to unleash the true 8 cores might affect the GPU performance later on?

The processor is the only thing that is stopping me from getting this variant. Please guys, help me out on this.
Adreno 330 is so good but
Mali in note3 is Octa GPU and clocked higher than adreno 330 (u can find and compare by wikipedia)
both of them are so powerful however adreno shows more score in graphic benchmark but it s not that high but cpu in exynos is about 2000scores more than snapdragon (in antutu benchmark)

anyway u won't lose anything if buy snap or exynos both of them are awesome

Java.Symbian.WP8.iOS4/5/6/7
Android; Fy \GB \ICS \JB \KK \CustomROM
Devices; Nexus \Xperia \Galaxy \LG \htc \Lenovo
./Android-Ubuntu Developing & Programming

>>> XperiaSmallApp & GalaxyMultiWindow & AndroidWear <<<
SonyXperiaZ2...
SamsungGalaxyNoteIII
;
N900 /NC1
GoogleNexus5; D821 /kXk | KOT49H | CM11 | Ubuntu |
CM11 (In Use)