Safety of rooting methods

Tip us?

Xwang76
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Safety of rooting methods

Hi to all,
as far as I know all the rooting methods are "closed source" so that to avoid that the manufactures of the devices can fix the bugs which are exploited to root the devices.
Now I wonder if we (the users of the rooting methods) can be sure that non malicious code is installed on our terminals.
Is there any "open source" procedure to root android devices?
Thank you,
Xwang

GTS6310NUser
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xwang76 View Post
Hi to all,
as far as I know all the rooting methods are "closed source" so that to avoid that the manufactures of the devices can fix the bugs which are exploited to root the devices.
Now I wonder if we (the users of the rooting methods) can be sure that non malicious code is installed on our terminals.
Is there any "open source" procedure to root android devices?
Thank you,
Xwang
If there are any, I wouldn't expect them to work for long, precisely due to the reasons you mentioned (device manufacturers patching vulnerabilities, etc.). You're probably out of luck, and will have to trust the rooting methods to be safe. Which they probably are anyway: them being closed source does not mean they can't be analyzed and reverse engineered to check if they do stuff they shouldn't be doing, odds are someone would have found out if that was the case.