Tip us?

IkanMasin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Battery Drain So Fast, High Media Usage

Hi all,
really need some help here..
i've been using HOX for 1 year 7 month now, no problem before until recently my battery keep draining even sometimes when i plugged to my PC/Laptop wont help charging.. check power usage and saw media with almost 80% usage.. battery only last around 6 hours only with no heavy usage.. no chatting.. no gaming.. no surfing.. only do few calls.

then i do full wipe and install ARHD 31.3 hoping it might help solve the problem but after checking, the media still using most of my battery.. any idea?

below is my recent screenshot after installing ARHD, now my phone always need to plug with my charger..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-06-00-51-47.png
Views:	218
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	2434939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-06-00-51-59.png
Views:	282
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	2434940  

IkanMasin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkanMasin View Post
Hi all,
really need some help here..
i've been using HOX for 1 year 7 month now, no problem before until recently my battery keep draining even sometimes when i plugged to my PC/Laptop wont help charging.. check power usage and saw media with almost 80% usage.. battery only last around 6 hours only with no heavy usage.. no chatting.. no gaming.. no surfing.. only do few calls.

then i do full wipe and install ARHD 31.3 hoping it might help solve the problem but after checking, the media still using most of my battery.. any idea?

below is my recent screenshot after installing ARHD, now my phone always need to plug with my charger..

no one knows?

Bobbi lim
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkanMasin View Post
no one knows?
Try installing trickster mod app from play store and than should be where inside you can find a function to do a media scanner and use that ago rescan and the issue should be gone

My Devices:

Galaxy 551 (sold)

HTC Desire (went back to stock)

HTC One X (ViperX 4.0.7)

Google Nexus 7 2013 (Stock)

suljo94
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Default governors/ I/O settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbi lim View Post
Try installing trickster mod app from play store and than should be where inside you can find a function to do a media scanner and use that ago rescan and the issue should be gone
any idea which governors I/0 settings to use without letting th phone lag but to still get the most out of my battery

treebill
Old
Thanks Meter 529
Try adding

media.stagefright.enable-player=false

To the end of /system/build.prob and restart the phone

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
Our OS who art in CPU, UNIX be thy name. Thy programs run, thy syscalls done, In kernel as it is in user!

My photo blog