5,599,033 Members 32,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Superuser problem

Tip us?

TheXDestroyer
Old
(Last edited by TheXDestroyer; 7th December 2013 at 11:36 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Prompt [Q] Superuser problem

I have a problem with superuser that I can't understand.

So I bought this new Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and I rooted it by flashing my phone with Clockworkmod 6.0.4.5(1116) with Odin, and then installing UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip through the recovery window.

To be honest the process didn't go ideally smooth. Since I misunderstood how to proceed with the process, I had to reinstall Clockworkmod a few times.

After finishing from that, I started trying to use software that needs root access (like LuckyPatcher), and lucky patcher was hanging at the beginning black screen and not proceeding. And I tried many other programs, and they always don't proceed and stop.

So eventually I went to the Application Manager and select Superuser, and chose to "Uninstall updates", and only then, all those Superuser prompt messages started popping up asking me to grant LuckyPatcher and all other software that tried to access root... and since I chose to Uninstall updates, the phone restarted.

Of course, after the phone restarts, we're back at square 1, but the programs, to whom I granted root access get root access for some time...

I tried updating Superuser from the market, but when the program starts, it says "The Superuser binary (su) must be updated.", and I have a option called "Recovery Install", when I choose it, the phone keeps showing a message saying "Installing Superuser..." and it never finishes. Yesterday I left it and went to sleep, and eventually it gave an error message. I would say that Superuser update itself requires root access which it couldn't get... but that's as far as I know. I tried the "Uninstall updates" trick but it never worked.

Also I have to say I tried to install Superuser versions 1.51, 1.60, 1.65, 1.80 through recovery with a zip file, and it didn't fix it. And I installed CrashROM from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2535355

and it didn't help either.

What do you think? How can I repair that and have normal Superuser permission asked normally? Please advise.

Thank you.

TheXDestroyer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Any help, please?

TheXDestroyer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Problem solved

The solution was to specifically install SuperSU from the market and not superuser. That fixed it.