5,606,588 Members 36,213 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to upgrade my device? (unknown root / unlock)

Tip us?

gen1mx6
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to upgrade my device? (unknown root / unlock)

so i've recently picked up my asus tf700 again (after about 6 months of no use) and i know i rooted, upgraded to 4.1.1, and unlocked the device but just don't remember how i did it all. and i'm 90% sure i deleted the stock recovery

what i want to know is how can i upgrade to 4.2.1 ?

can i just follow this guide? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2481892

current stats:
android 4.1.1

kernal version 3.1.10

build number jro03c.USepad-10.4.4.23-20121127

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11292

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen1mx6 View Post
so i've recently picked up my asus tf700 again (after about 6 months of no use) and i know i rooted, upgraded to 4.1.1, and unlocked the device but just don't remember how i did it all. and i'm 90% sure i deleted the stock recovery

can i just follow this guide? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2481892

current stats:
android 4.1.1

kernal version 3.1.10

Yep should be good to go
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700 Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201 Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X Development

LetMeKnow
Old
Thanks Meter 506
Quote:

current stats:
android 4.1.1

kernal version 3.1.10

Yes, you can... It is a good guide if you can follow it.. You must make sure that you have the latest bootloader and compatible TWRP.. Those are very important so you are not brick your device... Good luck and ask all the questions that you have before trying to install the TWRP and bootloader...

andre776655
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

current stats:
android 4.1.1

kernal version 3.1.10

Hallo,

could you send me a complete manual how did you root it and updated it for 4.1.1. with all of links for tools? I have a problem with my TF700 and I checked a lot of forums and tried a lot of things but it doesnt help.

Thank you very much

gen1mx6
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre776655 View Post
Hallo,

could you send me a complete manual how did you root it and updated it for 4.1.1. with all of links for tools? I have a problem with my TF700 and I checked a lot of forums and tried a lot of things but it doesnt help.

Thank you very much
you should probably create your own post so someone can help you, they need to know information like what version your currently running

gen1mx6
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMeKnow View Post
Yes, you can... It is a good guide if you can follow it.. You must make sure that you have the latest bootloader and compatible TWRP.. Those are very important so you are not brick your device... Good luck and ask all the questions that you have before trying to install the TWRP and bootloader...
ok so i'm having a bit of trouble following this guide...

1) I installed TWRP (with the help of this page) http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/105 I had to use the Download - Recovery Image / Fastboot Method because the app method wouldn't download the blob file

2) Now, when I power + volume down boot I can see my bootloader isn't the correct version. how can I update the bootloader? I have the files from the original link i posted (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2481892) so there is the correct bootloader i just don't know how to install it.

is there a more detailed guide with actual step by steps?

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Congrats on getting TWRP installed! The rest is easy.
In TWRP select 'Install' and navigate to wherever you have the zip file with the bootloader/TWRP package, select it (if it has xxx signed.zip in the file name you need to check the "verify zip signature" option. sbdags usually signs his zips - don't know if he did with this one).
Swipe the button to flash the file.
When it finished, boot back to system. Do not flash a rom at this point! That would cancel the bootloader flash. Boot back into system first, then back into TWRP and then flash the rom.

BTW - flashing the modified Asus stock rom is perfectly fine, but I wonder why you don't flash CROMi-X 5.2.2?
That rom is from the same developer, based on this stock rom and miles improved since sbdags debloated the stock version.
sbdags stock rom is not really supported whereas he puts out a better version of CROMi-X about every 10 days! It's exhausting to keep up! LOL
You'll find it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2425383

You can still flash the BL/TWRP package you downloaded already. It's the same as the one for CROMi-X.

gen1mx6
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
Congrats on getting TWRP installed! The rest is easy.
In TWRP select 'Install' and navigate to wherever you have the zip file with the bootloader/TWRP package, select it (if it has xxx signed.zip in the file name you need to check the "verify zip signature" option. sbdags usually signs his zips - don't know if he did with this one).
Swipe the button to flash the file.
When it finished, boot back to system. Do not flash a rom at this point! That would cancel the bootloader flash. Boot back into system first, then back into TWRP and then flash the rom.

BTW - flashing the modified Asus stock rom is perfectly fine, but I wonder why you don't flash CROMi-X 5.2.2?
That rom is from the same developer, based on this stock rom and miles improved since sbdags debloated the stock version.
sbdags stock rom is not really supported whereas he puts out a better version of CROMi-X about every 10 days! It's exhausting to keep up! LOL
You'll find it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2425383

You can still flash the BL/TWRP package you downloaded already. It's the same as the one for CROMi-X.
Thanks, Honestly whatever custom rom I have now can randomly reboot and i think is giving me touch screen issues so was just going to hit up a stock install and see if that fixes any problems.

gonna try out the rom you suggested and i can always go back if necessary.

one thing, when i installed theTWRP the blue bar filled up completely and i left it for about 10 minutes and it was still there. so i powered down and everything booted back up correctly (and i can get into the recovery mode).

does everything sound ok to proceed?

LetMeKnow
Old
Thanks Meter 506
Quote:
Thanks, Honestly whatever custom rom I have now can randomly reboot and i think is giving me touch screen issues so was just going to hit up a stock install and see if that fixes any problems.

gonna try out the rom you suggested and i can always go back if necessary.

one thing, when i installed theTWRP the blue bar filled up completely and i left it for about 10 minutes and it was still there. so i powered down and everything booted back up correctly (and i can get into the recovery mode).

does everything sound ok to proceed?
You have to kick it out when it is completed by using the fastboot command or just using your power button.. So you are good to go...

You have to try out all the rom and kernels that are available then choose the best one that fit your need...Good luck...

gen1mx6
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
You have to kick it out when it is completed by using the fastboot command or just using your power button.. So you are good to go...

You have to try out all the rom and kernels that are available then choose the best one that fit your need...Good luck...
thanks for the help, everything is complete and running correctly.