5,595,645 Members 45,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trying to root, sticks at downloading "boot.img" > OK> booting...

Tip us?

kennybellew
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone Trying to root, sticks at downloading "boot.img" > OK> booting...

I have a new Nexus 7 2013 Wifi (4.4.0 build KRT16S) that I'm trying to root. I'm new at this, but I've been reading posts for a couple of days.

I'm using the SkipSoft Android Toolkit. I've unlocked ok. I've enabled USB debugging okay. I've selected Superuser by Clockworkmod, it detects ADB mode, reboots to Fastboot mode okay, then asks if I'm unlocked and have enabled USB debugging- I have.

Then it says that it's booting into Android using an Insecure Boot Image... downloading "boot.img." Reports "OKAY [ 0.228s]" then reports:

"booting..."

And that's where it sits forever. The Nexus is in Fastbook Mode with the Android guy on his back. I can power off the Nexus 7 and it comes up okay. I tried the alternative root method with the same results.

Thoughts?

kennybellew
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybellew View Post
I have a new Nexus 7 2013 Wifi (4.4.0 build KRT16S) that I'm trying to root. I'm new at this, but I've been reading posts for a couple of days.

I'm using the SkipSoft Android Toolkit. I've unlocked ok. I've enabled USB debugging okay. I've selected Superuser by Clockworkmod, it detects ADB mode, reboots to Fastboot mode okay, then asks if I'm unlocked and have enabled USB debugging- I have.

Then it says that it's booting into Android using an Insecure Boot Image... downloading "boot.img." Reports "OKAY [ 0.228s]" then reports:

"booting..."

And that's where it sits forever. The Nexus is in Fastbook Mode with the Android guy on his back. I can power off the Nexus 7 and it comes up okay. I tried the alternative root method with the same results.

Thoughts?
I tried on a different PC, thinking it might be the USB driver, as I did have some initial problems getting that to work. It also hung at the same spot reporting that it was "booting..."

I tried going through the process with Nexus Root Toolkit and finally got it to work on the second PC with that.

So, my issue is resolved (in that I got it rooted another way); however, someone else may have this issue, so any suggestions might still help someone else.