XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S4 i9505 Low sound volume on headphones

Tip us?

ChrissyCostanza
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] S4 i9505 Low sound volume on headphones

Hello guys, I just want to ask if it is normal for i9505 s4 to have low volume sound on using headphones even on full volume?

I tried the same headphones on an itouch and it is much louder on full volume and when i tried it on s4, the volume is just half as the itouch volume even on full.

Thanks.

Hazerm
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I too have an iPod Touch and at full volume it can be slightly louder than the S4 but I don't listen to my music at full volume so it doesn't bother me. If you're still running the stock ROM, you can try using Adapt Sound. Works only with the stock music player though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
Xperia X8 > iPhone 4 > Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9305 > Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
The Following User Says Thank You to Hazerm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nikzDHD
Old
Thanks Meter 988
With my IEMs I find it loud enough. As mentioned if you use the stock music player run adapt sound it increases the volume.

Otherwise you can install a kernel like Faux kernel and he has implemented sound control you can increase the gain and boost volume even louder if you wish.

Or you can install Viper4Android and boost volume on that too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
Rom: AOSP GE 4.4.2 by Danvdh - Fast! | Der Kernel: KT Kernel

Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 32GB
Rom: OmniRom 4.4.2 | Der Kernel: Stock Omni

Previous: HTC DesireHD > Samsung Galaxy SII > T-Mobile Rapport > Samsung Galaxy S (Backup) > Samsung Galaxy SIII (Brief ownership) > Samsung Galaxy Note II > HTC One X > Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to nikzDHD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ChrissyCostanza
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the reply guys. I just got my s4 and I'm currently afraid of flashing stuff and etc..

Will flashing a new kernel/rom trigger my knox status? it currently have 0x0.