Contents of Gallery and Music have disappeared

Tip us?

dsd_99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Contents of Gallery and Music have disappeared

Hey Gurus,
My file system seems to be having trouble. I used to have a number of items accessible through the built-in Gallery, Music, and Google Play Music, but now they're all gone from view, but I can access them through a file mgr app ES File Explorer. Another symptom is that when I take a screenshot, it reports that it is saving the jpg, then that it cannot save it, yet it actually does write the jpg as I can see it via File Explorer.
When I run the Music app it shows nothing but a message that I need to load and SD card - funny - no SD card slot on the phone.

Two possible software related causes come to mind, but I don't know for sure that either one is definitely responsible. (1) I used Nexus Media Importer to load an album of mp3s from an SD card to the HTC One, and (2) I also used the HTC Sync app on my pc.

So I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and what action might fix the problem

Thanks,
Doug

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 655

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsd_99 View Post
Hey Gurus,
My file system seems to be having trouble. I used to have a number of items accessible through the built-in Gallery, Music, and Google Play Music, but now they're all gone from view, but I can access them through a file mgr app ES File Explorer. Another symptom is that when I take a screenshot, it reports that it is saving the jpg, then that it cannot save it, yet it actually does write the jpg as I can see it via File Explorer.
When I run the Music app it shows nothing but a message that I need to load and SD card - funny - no SD card slot on the phone.

Two possible software related causes come to mind, but I don't know for sure that either one is definitely responsible. (1) I used Nexus Media Importer to load an album of mp3s from an SD card to the HTC One, and (2) I also used the HTC Sync app on my pc.

So I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and what action might fix the problem

Thanks,
Doug

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Use your file manager and move all the objects from /data/media to /data/media/0
you should be all set
HTC One 32 GB AT&T (S-off, Unlocked, Rooted)
Please help keep www.htc1guru.com Alive and Donate