Recently Dropped Phone...

Tip us?

Vinhwut
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Recently Dropped Phone...

Hey guys,

Recently I dropped my phone when putting it into my pocket (somehow...). I never have dropped it before... and I believe it dropped on the top left corner. I can see a small crack, and the touchscreen is completely non-reactive + LCD colour was green, then pink, now it doesn't even display anything. Everything else seems to work though (getting calls, messages, volume works, buttons work...) except the screen.

Seeing as I'm not too savvy in terms of phones... is it worth it to get it repaired? I have no warranty so it would have to be a repair shop... how much would be a reasonable price for such services? I'm leaning to buy a new phone depending if it's worth it... but the feeling if a simple singular drop from the waist is enough to end the life of a perfectly working $800 device (bought it outright...) makes me extremely upset.

irod530
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Might be LCD :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinhwut View Post
Hey guys,

Recently I dropped my phone when putting it into my pocket (somehow...). I never have dropped it before... and I believe it dropped on the top left corner. I can see a small crack, and the touchscreen is completely non-reactive + LCD colour was green, then pink, now it doesn't even display anything. Everything else seems to work though (getting calls, messages, volume works, buttons work...) except the screen.

Seeing as I'm not too savvy in terms of phones... is it worth it to get it repaired? I have no warranty so it would have to be a repair shop... how much would be a reasonable price for such services? I'm leaning to buy a new phone depending if it's worth it... but the feeling if a simple singular drop from the waist is enough to end the life of a perfectly working $800 device (bought it outright...) makes me extremely upset.
Hey, that stinks......something similar happened to me. I dropped my phone and chipped the corner, the screen did not work after that. I was out of warranty so I just decided to fix it at a local store for 150.00........better than buying full price for a phone.

Good luck

thanitos
Old
Thanks Meter 119
You paid 800$? I got mine off eBay for 300$ brand new. You can find repair services on eBay for decent prices, its the LCD that's going to cost you .

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Bruce Lee
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 333
If you want to be adventurous, you can look at YouTube for guides for taking apart the screen. But this should be your last option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Phone:
16GB Black Nexus 5 running ParanoidAndroid 4.2 Beta 4 with CharizardX Kernel

Past Devices:
ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII
ATT Motorola Dual Core Atrix 4G
ATT Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
Unlocked HTC G1
32GB Nexus 7
Blackberry Playbook

Google+ page for chatty XDA members!
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/102405...48467738/posts