[Q] Disconnected phone still showing #

Tip us?

nyr35blue
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Question [Q] Disconnected phone still showing #

hey guys,

im considering selling my epic 4g on ebay without the micro sd card. my question is i no longer have service with sprint yet when i go to the "about phone" section it still shows my phone number. i now have the same number on t mobile with a different phone. my phone was rooted so i tried returning the phone to bare stock which i did but still shows my number. excuse my ignorance with this maybe i need to do something else?

Thanks
Google Nexus 5
Kit Kat 4.2.2

Asus Transformer TF300T
Jellybean 4.2.1

lilajrestnom
Old
Thanks Meter 163

DONATE TO ME
I've also moved on to T-mobile as you have, and I still use my old epic for my self. I keep it in airplane mode and while its in that state the phone # (nor any service info) shows up in about phone. I don't think there's a way to change it since sprint doesn't use sim cards it probably needs to be activated on a new account to change the number.
I may be wrong tho. I feel like maybe there's a build.prop edit or something that could remove it for you that I'm not aware of. Ill let you know if I find anything out since I can test random things on my phone.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

nyr35blue
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
So i took a trip to sprint today and they couldn't help me but they said customer support could. I call them and they say removing the number is not possible. I find it hard to believe. They said its because the account was closed and my number was ported over to another provider. The rep on the phone said i could use the buy back program to sell sprint my phone. Yeah right like gamestop where you get nothing for your games? I just find it hard to believe there is no number sequence to reset. What if i bought the phone outright? There would be no number on it im sure.

Very frustrating. Im thinking of calling another day.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
Google Nexus 5
Kit Kat 4.2.2

Asus Transformer TF300T
Jellybean 4.2.1

AndyYan
Old
Thanks Meter 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr35blue View Post
So i took a trip to sprint today and they couldn't help me but they said customer support could. I call them and they say removing the number is not possible. I find it hard to believe. They said its because the account was closed and my number was ported over to another provider. The rep on the phone said i could use the buy back program to sell sprint my phone. Yeah right like gamestop where you get nothing for your games? I just find it hard to believe there is no number sequence to reset. What if i bought the phone outright? There would be no number on it im sure.

Very frustrating. Im thinking of calling another day.

I don't think you can buy the phone outright, it has been sold entirely on contract and a number will be written in once you deal a contract...

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11

Current devices:
Google Nexus 4 (CM11 Nightly)
Google Nexus 7 (2013, WiFi) (CM11 Nightly)
Motorola Droid RAZR M (CM11 Nightly)
Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE (CM11 Nightly)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CM11 Nightly)
HTC Incredible S (CM11 Unofficial)
Nokia E7-00 (Symbian Anna 025.007 Cracked)

Mr_You
Old
(Last edited by Mr_You; 8th December 2013 at 06:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr35blue View Post
I just find it hard to believe there is no number sequence to reset.
I just did a quick search to find some activation codes. Have you tried Carrier Wipe?
  1. Open the dialer
  2. Dial ##72786#
  3. Enter your Master Subsidy Lock (MSL) if prompted
  4. Touch "OK", phone will restart

EDIT:

OR
  1. Open dial pad and enter ##<6-digit MSL>#
  2. Tap "Edit"
  3. Tap "OK"
  4. Enter <10-digit phone number>
  5. Tap "OK"
  6. Enter <10-digit MSID>
  7. Tap "OK"
  8. Select "Done"

If the phone does not reboot, reboot it now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_You For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nyr35blue
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Is everyone's MSL the same? I don't know what mine is and I don't have alogcat installed to try the method I've found from Google. I guess I could call sprint but it always seems I get the non technical person.

Google Nexus 5
Kit Kat 4.2.2

Asus Transformer TF300T
Jellybean 4.2.1

nyr35blue
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Thank you so much! It took 40 minutes on the phone to get the right code with the right person but all the info is now gone. Awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
Google Nexus 5
Kit Kat 4.2.2

Asus Transformer TF300T
Jellybean 4.2.1