Tip us?

RedYeloGrin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] p768 w/ unlock bootloader but w/out CWM and rooting

what will i do now?

how can i root it and install CWM

can i use LGPwn? or flashify to install CWM?

fastboot doesnt work on my win 7 64bit

offline flashing method stuck at 15%

online flashing also failed

kuma82
Old
Thanks Meter 757

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedYeloGrin View Post
what will i do now?

how can i root it and install CWM

can i use LGPwn? or flashify to install CWM?

offline flashing method stuck at 15%

online flashing also failed
are you using this fastboot
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...light=fastboot
read this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=34

RedYeloGrin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuma82 View Post
when i unlocked my bootloader i think i used fastboot, in the tutorial of donk165 that i used

now how can i root and flash recovery?

shinobisoft
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1662

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
when i unlocked my bootloader i think i used fastboot, in the tutorial of donk165 that i used

now how can i root and flash recovery?
fastboot is not just for unlocking your bootloader. fastboot will allow you to flash almost every partition on your device, especially now that your bootloader is unlocked. Flash CWM with fastboot. Then you can use CWM to install CM, AOKP, AOSP roms that are already rooted. Don't know how many there are for your device tho. There's all kinds of information around here for using fastboot. Search is your friend

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Works on mine. Did you follow the instructions to install the fastboot ( OMAP4 ) drivers?

"The way is known to all but not all know it"

My Devices, Mods, and Tools

Device: LG Optimus L9 LG-P769 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.LOCKED ), CWM 6.0.1.2 ( L9RecoveryInstaller ), Stock JB 4.1.2
Device: LG Optimus T LG-P509 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.UNLOCKED ), CWM 5.0.2.7 Touch, CM10
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.UNLOCKED ), CWM 6.0.4.5, CM11 KitKat

[MOD][JB][4.1] Mini LatinIME
Android Flash Recovery
OOne ROM Editor
Tar To Flashable Zip

RedYeloGrin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobisoft View Post
fastboot is not just for unlocking your bootloader. fastboot will allow you to flash almost every partition on your device, especially now that your bootloader is unlocked. Flash CWM with fastboot. Then you can use CWM to install CM, AOKP, AOSP roms that are already rooted. Don't know how many there are for your device tho. There's all kinds of information around here for using fastboot. Search is your friend

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Works on mine. Did you follow the instructions to install the fastboot ( OMAP4 ) drivers?
im kinda confused about fastboot. how can i go to fastboot? if I have successfully unlocked my bootloader it means that fastboot is installed correctly right?

shinobisoft
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1662

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
im kinda confused about fastboot. how can i go to fastboot? if I have successfully unlocked my bootloader it means that fastboot is installed correctly right?
Theoretically yes. If you have a Terminal Emulator app on your device, type the following two lines. Each line is a separate command.
Code:
su
reboot fastboot
That should put you in fastboot mode, then allowing the fastboot executable on your system to communicate with the device via the fastboot protocol. The 'su' may not be necessary.

Otherwise you'll have to use adb. Make sure device is booted normally. Doesn't matter what mode it's in, ie; Charge Only, MTP, LG Software, etc... Type the following in a command prompt window...
Code:
adb reboot fastboot
If you don't have ADB installed, you don't need the entire Android SDK, just the platform tools. There are several packages floating around here that contain just the fastboot executable and the adb executable with it's support libraries. Support libraries are for Windows only.

"The way is known to all but not all know it"

My Devices, Mods, and Tools

Device: LG Optimus L9 LG-P769 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.LOCKED ), CWM 6.0.1.2 ( L9RecoveryInstaller ), Stock JB 4.1.2
Device: LG Optimus T LG-P509 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.UNLOCKED ), CWM 5.0.2.7 Touch, CM10
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.UNLOCKED ), CWM 6.0.4.5, CM11 KitKat

[MOD][JB][4.1] Mini LatinIME
Android Flash Recovery
OOne ROM Editor
Tar To Flashable Zip