5,595,815 Members 34,551 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] kinda would like to see some ICS help please?

Tip us?

ghost_user
Old
(Last edited by ghost_user; 4th December 2013 at 03:51 AM.) Reason: typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] kinda would like to see some ICS help please?

Okay, so I've had i317 for about 4 months now, its a great phone. I would just love to see an ics 4.0.4 rom, be it stock or aosp,, aokp, etc for this device. The reason being is that there are alot of apps I used to use, such as UMA and a few others I cannot remember as of right now. Forgive me if this isn't the correct area to post the question lol. But can anyone possibly help me with my issue I'm having? A. ort or something would be ideal if possible.

On a side note: I have some prior knowledge with developing roms and getting them to work fully and such, like betas alphas and what not. just haven't gave much thought as to post on the forum untill now. So I'm not completely of the noob calibur so to speak.

Lastly, my final question, would anyone be interested in deving up a 100% pure custom 4.3 rom that is completely Pokemon themed right down to the contacts and dialer. I will include more detail upon request, also one that isn't 10.1 based or cm in general. The reason I say non cm based is because volume+ sound boost breaks the speaker and crackles pretty badly, and i am partialy deaf so the apk is much needed. Any help would be be very appreciated and id be eternally greatful.

jibust
Old
Thanks Meter 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_user View Post
Okay, so I've had i317 for about 4 months now, its a great phone. I would just love to see an ics 4.0.4 rom, be it stock or aosp,, aokp, etc for this device. The reason being is that there are alot of apps I used to use, such as UMA and a few others I cannot remember as of right now. Forgive me if this isn't the correct area to post the question lol. But can anyone possibly help me with my issue I'm having? A. ort or something would be ideal if possible.

On a side note: I have some prior knowledge with developing roms and getting them to work fully and such, like betas alphas and what not. just haven't gave much thought as to post on the forum untill now. So I'm not completely of the noob calibur so to speak.

Lastly, my final question, would anyone be interested in deving up a 100% pure custom 4.3 rom that is completely Pokemon themed right down to the contacts and dialer. I will include more detail upon request, also one that isn't 10.1 based or cm in general. The reason I say non cm based is because volume+ sound boost breaks the speaker and crackles pretty badly, and i am partialy deaf so the apk is much needed. Any help would be be very appreciated and id be eternally greatful.
It's not going to happen. The note 2 was shipped with 4.1.1 (or higher) so there is no 4.0 source for devs to work with.

Also, since pretty much every AOSP rom uses the CM Theme Manager, it's not that common to see themed roms (there are exceptions, but they tend to be lightly themed). Either find a CM theme to your liking or learn to theme your rom.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (t0lteatt)
Rom: Carbon KK
Recovery: TWRP

Device: Nexus 7 2013 16GB (flo)
Rom: ParanoidSaberDroid - AOSPAL
Recovery: TWRP

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 2867
Sorry my friend...
You aren't the only one wanting it...
I'd even take a nice CM6 ROM for this device...

But as mentioned... It's just a dream... g

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g

ghost_user
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=jibust;48165106]It's not going to happen. The note 2 was shipped with 4.1.1 (or higher) so there is no 4.0 source for devs to work with.

Also, since pretty much every AOSP rom uses the CM Theme Manager, it's not that common to see themed roms (there are exceptions, but they tend to be lightly themed). Either find a CM theme to your liking or learn to theme your rom.[/QUOTE

Okay, well shoot. Could you at least tell me that the possibility to get an apk to adapt and work on a newer rom is possible? I ask this because the main reason for me asking a dream question is simply that I love the ultimate mobile armor apk. it is the best privacy apk ever thought of. It was removed for reasons unknown. Back when I had my S3 and I717, it worked on both. Sadly it will not stick on the rooms I run currently. (Cleanrom 5.0, lionrom 2.1, etc.) Could the scripts and such be altered somehow for it to be compatible? On the S3 I always ran cm10 and its stick. Any thoughts, ideas and suggestions that are helpful and or leading to an apk exactly similar to ultimate mobile armour would be greatly appreciated.

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 2867
Apk alteration is very possible ...
The trick is finding a dev to work it out ...and since apps are owned by their respective creators ...you would need permission from him/her to use or modify the code...

And I've always said it ...
A few emails and pm's go a long way..

Hit up the dev and see what you can learn ...g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

ghost_user
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsarg View Post
Apk alteration is very possible ...
The trick is finding a dev to work it out ...and since apps are owned by their respective creators ...you would need permission from him/her to use or modify the code...

And I've always said it ...
A few emails and pm's go a long way..

Hit up the dev and see what you can learn ...g

Ive looked and searched and I've found nothing from the devs of this apk. Its been completely stricken from the web. What are my other options here as far as these apk Modding concerns go? I've found nothing for secure mobile sadly.

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 2867
I see...
That being said ...it appears the app has been killed off for legal reasons ??

And lookout mobile is inferior how ??

Most of these security apps are monitored via 3rd party in addition to device activity ...
So it stands to reason that if your service for the apk is dead....it won't work anyway..

Best advice...pick an alternate and move forward....

Lookout and AVG are both exceptional ...and many others are available ..
Norton or Mccaffe possibly too...

Happy hunting ...and sorry I couldn't be of more help...g

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregsarg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]