5,595,196 Members 46,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [t-mobile d801 soft bricked can't use LG tool

Tip us?

mooserov
Old
(Last edited by mooserov; 8th December 2013 at 06:25 PM.) Reason: Progress towards success.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] [t-mobile d801 soft bricked can't use LG tool

I can get into download mode, but have a secure boot error and cant use ADB or fastboot. I've been reading every thread I can find.

I tried the LG tool, it never downloads the firmware, just hangs at 12%. Tried different drivers etc. Let it run overnight just in case it was a slow download - nada.

Tried the LG tool by entering the imei number first, but the tool reports a low battery and won't load the firmware. Phone is fully charged, i assume that battery level reporting is not working correctly.

Tried to load the kdz with the R&D tool, it errors out at 49%.

Tried to do the offline process with shttp from the unbrick any phone thread. It uses an older version of the LG tool and won't recognize that the phone is plugged in. If i install the newer tool that sees the phone, the process crashes the tool.

it all started when i tried to flash twrp and used the one for a different model g2. Dumb, I know. this is my first time soft-bricking a device.

Can anyone please point me in another direction?

UPDATE: phone was reporting that it was an 802. Downloaded and flashed an 802 kdz file and the phone booted! First time it was able to get past 49%. Nothing really works on the phone, but now i'm able to use the LG Mobile support tool to flash the correct firmware. The program is downloading the sofware now.

Vepaot
Old
Thanks Meter 44
When you say LG tool I'm assuming you're talking about the official program you can download from their site?

I have the Verizon G2 and promptly erased everything on it the first night I got it.. Don't flash / wipe files at 4 AM when you've been up all day and night.

Anyway this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476 really saved my rear. Maybe the T-Mobile version will work to get yours back to stock.

Sent from CAMACHO, my Verizon G2 (VS980) running PAC ROM.

The Aphotic Chaotic
LG G2 VS980 (Verizon) [JB 4.3] PAC-man ROM
Nexus 7 [JB 4.2.2] XenonHD

mooserov
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepaot View Post
When you say LG tool I'm assuming you're talking about the official program you can download from their site?

I have the Verizon G2 and promptly erased everything on it the first night I got it.. Don't flash / wipe files at 4 AM when you've been up all day and night.

Anyway this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476 really saved my rear. Maybe the T-Mobile version will work to get yours back to stock.

Sent from CAMACHO, my Verizon G2 (VS980) running PAC ROM.
works at the start and hangs at 49%. There is one bit that needs to be switched and this would work.

mooserov
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
okay, looks like the phone is reporting that it is a d802 from my first f'd up flash. I think this may be causing the problems with flashing the 801 kdz.
Can i flash an 802 kdz onto an 801? then possibly later go back to 801?