5,595,918 Members 31,294 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S Android 4.4 Unstable overclock

Tip us?
 
midnight911
Old
#11  
midnight911's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 195
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hell
I personally use these settings:
Frequency - CPU - Int
1000MHz - 1225 - 1100
1200MHz - 1300 - 1100
1300MHz - 1350 - 1100
1400MHz - I've never got stable 1400MHz OC :/ (I think 1400 1150 should be right for most devices)

Optional:
1100MHz - 1250 - 1100 (some kernels have this step)
Device:Nexus 4
ROM: Purity 4.4.2
Kernel: moob v32
The Following User Says Thank You to midnight911 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
knuckles1978
Old
(Last edited by knuckles1978; 7th December 2013 at 07:08 PM.)
#12  
knuckles1978's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 225
Posts: 782
Join Date: Aug 2012
Thanks again, that's me running rock stable even under gaming at 1.3Ghz. Not tried 1.4.......yet lol

Why is there two voltage values you gave for each clock speed though?

I used setcpu, and set the first value. I'm not sure what the other value you gave is? GPU voltage?? Thx
 
midnight911
Old
#13  
midnight911's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 195
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles1978 View Post
Thanks again, that's me running rock stable even under gaming at 1.3Ghz. Not tried 1.4.......yet lol

Why is there two voltage values you gave for each clock speed though?

I used setcpu, and set the first value. I'm not sure what the other value you gave is? GPU voltage?? Thx
Second value is internal voltage (mostly used with LiveOC to stabilize as it gives voltage to GPU and RAM). With normal OC it should be at stock (1100mV). Some apps, like NSTools gives you opportunity to change those.
Normal OC affects CPU, and liveOC CPU, GPU, RAM, so it's more likely to be unstable. I can't reach 1100 on LiveOC, but on normal I have 1300 easily.
Device:Nexus 4
ROM: Purity 4.4.2
Kernel: moob v32
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnight911 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MerlijnD
Old
#14  
MerlijnD's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 12
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight911 View Post
Second value is internal voltage (mostly used with LiveOC to stabilize as it gives voltage to GPU and RAM). With normal OC it should be at stock (1100mV). Some apps, like NSTools gives you opportunity to change those.
Normal OC affects CPU, and liveOC CPU, GPU, RAM, so it's more likely to be unstable. I can't reach 1100 on LiveOC, but on normal I have 1300 easily.
Ah well i am using stock voltages from semaphore kernel and 130% live oc. It is fully stable atm.
 
midnight911
Old
#15  
midnight911's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 195
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlijnD View Post
Ah well i am using stock voltages from semaphore kernel and 130% live oc. It is fully stable atm.
Heh there are no two same devices. One overclocks better and one at all. There are devices which can't be overclocked. It's just luck you have with your hardware.
Device:Nexus 4
ROM: Purity 4.4.2
Kernel: moob v32
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes