XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen won't turn off?

Tip us?

Time_Lord
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Screen won't turn off?

How do I find out which program or programs are keeping the screen active?

I'm running the stock rooted software without Knox and clockwork recovery.

CNexus
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11052

DONATE TO ME
Your screen should go off by itself after a certain amount of time if you're not in any app (aka, on the home screen)

Otherwise, your screen off delay is set to something high. You can change it in settings > my device > display > screen timeout
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!

Time_Lord
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNexus View Post
Your screen should go off by itself after a certain amount of time if you're not in any app (aka, on the home screen)

Otherwise, your screen off delay is set to something high. You can change it in settings > my device > display > screen timeout
its currently set to 15 seconds and the screen does not turn off, if I reboot the phone the screen will automatically shutoff like its supposed to however after a short period of time (maybe an hour?) the screen will no longer automatically turn off. This is why I suspect some program I have loaded is preventing the screen from sleeping.

-TL

Time_Lord
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
after some trial and error I found the program keeping the screen active, it was Handcent, as soon as I uninstalled the application the phone would shutoff like it was supposed to.

It's a shame because I liked the interface it had.