5,603,920 Members 41,554 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recovery Problems

Tip us?
 
collinjm01
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 78
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winston Salem/Greensboro
Default Recovery Problems

(I am an HTC noob)

I am using Unlocked, S-off, Rooted Verizon HTC one

So i used Flashify to flash stock recovery, and now when i try to flash any other recovery, it says its an incompatible device.

I dont know what to do.

I dont know how to get into fastboot to flash it via HBOOT?

any suggestions or help?


thanks
 
houtx2
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 198
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinjm01 View Post
(I am an HTC noob)

I am using Unlocked, S-off, Rooted Verizon HTC one

So i used Flashify to flash stock recovery, and now when i try to flash any other recovery, it says its an incompatible device.

I dont know what to do.

I dont know how to get into fastboot to flash it via HBOOT?

any suggestions or help?


thanks
I used an app called Quick Boot from the Play Store. Works great.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4
HTC One / S-Off / Unlocked / Rooted
Transformer Infinity TF700T / Rooted / Unlocked
BCOKAS Transformer Prime 4.0.3 / Rooted (returned BB)
Original Droid Incredible CM7.1 / S-Off / Rooted
 
collinjm01
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 78
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winston Salem/Greensboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by houtx2 View Post
I used an app called Quick Boot from the Play Store. Works great.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4
Does it only boot into Recovery or does it flash it too?
 
houtx2
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 198
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinjm01 View Post
Does it only boot into Recovery or does it flash it too?
No but it easily gets you into fastboot. Use the bootloader selection. Use adb to flash.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4
HTC One / S-Off / Unlocked / Rooted
Transformer Infinity TF700T / Rooted / Unlocked
BCOKAS Transformer Prime 4.0.3 / Rooted (returned BB)
Original Droid Incredible CM7.1 / S-Off / Rooted
 
jbh00jh
Old
#5  
jbh00jh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 136
Posts: 2,054
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Columbia, SC
There is a Flashify thread in Android Development and Hacking. Maybe the developer can help you get the app working.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1
HTC ONE
HTC DNA
Galaxy Tab 10.1
Kindle Fire HD
 
synisterwolf
Old
#6  
synisterwolf's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2069
Posts: 6,150
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinjm01 View Post
(I am an HTC noob)

I am using Unlocked, S-off, Rooted Verizon HTC one

So i used Flashify to flash stock recovery, and now when i try to flash any other recovery, it says its an incompatible device.

I dont know what to do.

I dont know how to get into fastboot to flash it via HBOOT?

any suggestions or help?


thanks
what do you mean by "stock recovery" did you use it to flash HTC recovery back onto the phone?

to get to hboot you can do it a couple of ways. the main way is to power down the device and hold vol - and power and keep holding it till you get into Hboot. it will act like a normal boot but once it gets to the splash screen it will soft boot then show hboot.

if you have adb set up you can just open a command prompt and type:

adb reboot-bootloader
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet
You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by antp121
When life gets ya down, just stop, think and remember, "hey, at least i'm not ant". #BlameAnt
The Following User Says Thank You to synisterwolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
collinjm01
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 78
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winston Salem/Greensboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf View Post
what do you mean by "stock recovery" did you use it to flash HTC recovery back onto the phone?

to get to hboot you can do it a couple of ways. the main way is to power down the device and hold vol - and power and keep holding it till you get into Hboot. it will act like a normal boot but once it gets to the splash screen it will soft boot then show hboot.

if you have adb set up you can just open a command prompt and type:

adb reboot-bootloader
I already fixed it, i just grew a pair and did it all through adb. Im always nervous using adb for some reaon.
But thanks for the input!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

WinDroid HTC Toolkit Lets You Root, Unlock, and Flash ROMs on Various HTC Devices

Plenty of users nowadays have more than one mobile device. … more

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more

Verizon Droid DNA to Receive 4.4.2 KitKat + Sense 5.5 OTA This Thursday

The HTC Droid DNAis Verizon’s close cousin to the JapaneseHTC … more

Lucid Browser is Small, Lightweight, and Open Source

If there is one application category that certainly isn’t lacking in Android,and … more