5,593,793 Members 44,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One M7 in boot loop, advice from other threads not helped.

Tip us?
 
toyfights
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default [Q] HTC One M7 in boot loop, advice from other threads not helped.

Hi

I've been at this for a few hours now and I'm just getting nowhere. I know this is a common issue but I assure you I have read every other thread and tried everything I have seen.

I have a HTC One M7 on the UK network Three with CWM recovery. Previously it was running Android Revolution HD, I tried to install the other Android Revolution HD Google Edition and right at the very end when I was asked to install Superuser is where I started running into problems. As it stands, my device is in a bootloop. If I'm careful I can time it right and boot into bootloader. From here, trying to enter recovery just puts me back into a bootloop.

All my HTC Drivers are installed fresh as of today. If I run erase cache, get var or anything along those lines all I get is <waiting for device>. When plugged in the device displays in Device Manager with the following details. I'm on Windows 8.1.I can't post a screenshot so it's text.

Unknown USB device (device failed enumeration)
Device status: Windows stopped because this device has reported problems (code 43)

I can't even find a RUU for my device, if it would even help at this point. Here's a transcript of my bootloader info.

*** TAMPERED ***
*** RELOCKED ***
M7_ UL PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
CID-H3G_001
HBOOT-1.44.0000
RADIO-4A.13.3231.27
OpenDSP-v26.120.274.0202
eMMC-boot

Where do I go from here? Bootloader factory reset does nothing, trying to flash a ROM doesn't work because the device isn't recognised, etc. I'm totally lost. The only suggestion I've even found is that I might have more luck in Windows 7, but I only have one system which will take 8-9 hours to back up to an external HD and unless it was a 90%+ shot I want reinstalling Windows 7 to be an absolute last ditch attempt.

Is there anything I'm missing?
 
Harish_Kumar
Old
#2  
Harish_Kumar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 376
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai

 
DONATE TO ME
Adb n fastboot drivers won't work with Windows 8.1 unless you are on hboot 1.55 or higher
You can try Windows 8 or Windows 7 but if you have ubuntu live cd
Try using it to sideload or push a rom

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
If I Helped You In Anyway ...Hit The Thanks button..!
The Following User Says Thank You to Harish_Kumar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
toyfights
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harish_Kumar View Post
Adb n fastboot drivers won't work with Windows 8.1 unless you are on hboot 1.55 or higher
You can try Windows 8 or Windows 7 but if you have ubuntu live cd
Try using it to sideload or push a rom

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I've never used Linux but I'll make a live usb stick and try to work it out.
 
Harish_Kumar
Old
#4  
Harish_Kumar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 376
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyfights View Post
I've never used Linux but I'll make a live usb stick and try to work it out.
Sure
If you are planning to use ubuntu live cd or usb stick..try these
after booting from live usb
open the terminal and type these commands

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot

these are needed to install adb and fastboot drivers

and next type this command

sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/51.android.rules

notepad will be opened...copy and paste the below lines in it and save it

#Newman
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="283b", MODE="0660", OWNER="martijn"

then place the adb folder on the ubuntu desktop
in order to navigate in to it...type this

cd ~/Desktop/adb

now you are good to go
you can use fastboot n adb commands
the only difference is that you have to use "sudo" infront of every command
like "sudo adb reboot bootloader"
If I Helped You In Anyway ...Hit The Thanks button..!
The Following User Says Thank You to Harish_Kumar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
toyfights
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harish_Kumar View Post
Sure
If you are planning to use ubuntu live cd or usb stick..try these
after booting from live usb
open the terminal and type these commands

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot

these are needed to install adb and fastboot drivers

and next type this command

sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/51.android.rules

notepad will be opened...copy and paste the below lines in it and save it

#Newman
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="283b", MODE="0660", OWNER="martijn"

then place the adb folder on the ubuntu desktop
in order to navigate in to it...type this

cd ~/Desktop/adb

now you are good to go
you can use fastboot n adb commands
the only difference is that you have to use "sudo" infront of every command
like "sudo adb reboot bootloader"
Got it! Thank you so much.

In case anybody else finds this thread and is in a similar situation, here are my stray observations about the process.

Use unetbootin with Ubuntu 12.04. I wasted 2 hours trying to solve a weird error because YUMI makes live disks in an unusual way.

I couldn't get anything to go in the live disk Ubuntu without granting myself root. Sudo didn't make a difference, "sudo su -" was what got everything going.

I don't know if it made a difference but this advice led me to the official Ubuntu site and the Android SDK when I was trying to fix the YUMI issues and I used their content for the 51.android.rules, just because of the permissions and the vendor ID.

http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"

is what I used.

Once I had ran through the great instructions here and granted myself root, all I had to run was "fastboot devices" which confirmed my device was being recognised and "fastboot cache clear" to enable the device to boot into recovery. After that I switched back to Windows and everything was fine.

IF ONLY BOOTLOADER HAD A CLEAR CACHE FUNCTION.

Thank you again, so much! Great advice.
 
Harish_Kumar
Old
#6  
Harish_Kumar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 376
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyfights View Post
Got it! Thank you so much.

In case anybody else finds this thread and is in a similar situation, here are my stray observations about the process.

Use unetbootin with Ubuntu 12.04. I wasted 2 hours trying to solve a weird error because YUMI makes live disks in an unusual way.

I couldn't get anything to go in the live disk Ubuntu without granting myself root. Sudo didn't make a difference, "sudo su -" was what got everything going.

I don't know if it made a difference but this advice led me to the official Ubuntu site and the Android SDK when I was trying to fix the YUMI issues and I used their content for the 51.android.rules, just because of the permissions and the vendor ID.

http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"

is what I used.

Once I had ran through the great instructions here and granted myself root, all I had to run was "fastboot devices" which confirmed my device was being recognised and "fastboot cache clear" to enable the device to boot into recovery. After that I switched back to Windows and everything was fine.

IF ONLY BOOTLOADER HAD A CLEAR CACHE FUNCTION.

Thank you again, so much! Great advice.
Cool

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
If I Helped You In Anyway ...Hit The Thanks button..!
 
toyfights
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harish_Kumar View Post
Sure
If you are planning to use ubuntu live cd or usb stick..try these
after booting from live usb
open the terminal and type these commands

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot

these are needed to install adb and fastboot drivers

and next type this command

sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/51.android.rules

notepad will be opened...copy and paste the below lines in it and save it

#Newman
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="283b", MODE="0660", OWNER="martijn"

then place the adb folder on the ubuntu desktop
in order to navigate in to it...type this

cd ~/Desktop/adb

now you are good to go
you can use fastboot n adb commands
the only difference is that you have to use "sudo" infront of every command
like "sudo adb reboot bootloader"
Got it! Thank you so much.

In case anybody else finds this thread and is in a similar situation, here are my stray observations about the process.

Use unetbootin with Ubuntu 12.04. I wasted 2 hours trying to solve a weird error because YUMI makes live disks in an unusual way.

I couldn't get anything to go in the live disk Ubuntu without granting myself root. Sudo didn't make a difference, "sudo su -" was what got everything going.

I don't know if it made a difference but this advice led me to the official Ubuntu site and the Android SDK when I was trying to fix the YUMI issues and I used their content for the 51.android.rules, just because of the permissions and the vendor ID.

http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"

is what I used.

Once I had ran through the great instructions here and granted myself root, all I had to run was "fastboot devices" which confirmed my device was being recognised and "fastboot cache clear" to enable the device to boot into recovery. After that I switched back to Windows and everything was fine.

IF ONLY BOOTLOADER HAD A CLEAR CACHE FUNCTION.

Thank you again, so much! Great advice.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...