XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon LG G2 screen keeps timing out

Tip us?

sovauthority
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Verizon LG G2 screen keeps timing out

Most times I press the power button on my Verizon LG G2 and whatever I am doing, the screen times out. It happens several tiems (about 10-20 times) until it stops and I can properly use my phone. When this happens, the Knockon (tap tap) feature does not turn on my phone, though it can turn it off, so if my phone doesn't turn on by tap tap, I know that it will time out. The display option is clicked on always on, and I even tried several third party apps to disable screen time out, though it still happens, making my phone unusable. Is there any app or fix for this?

cesar33
Old
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Default app compatibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovauthority View Post
Most times I press the power button on my Verizon LG G2 and whatever I am doing, the screen times out. It happens several tiems (about 10-20 times) until it stops and I can properly use my phone. When this happens, the Knockon (tap tap) feature does not turn on my phone, though it can turn it off, so if my phone doesn't turn on by tap tap, I know that it will time out. The display option is clicked on always on, and I even tried several third party apps to disable screen time out, though it still happens, making my phone unusable. Is there any app or fix for this?
try uninstalling the last 5 apps you've installed. also you can do a full backup and then the reset in case your system is corrupt.

litrekid
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Make sure u don't have your finger or anything near the proximity sensor. U only have to have something close to it to cause this problem. If it persists and u r sure there is nothing near it then it may be malfunctioning.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

sovauthority
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by litrekid View Post
Make sure u don't have your finger or anything near the proximity sensor. U only have to have something close to it to cause this problem. If it persists and u r sure there is nothing near it then it may be malfunctioning.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
The phone is more likely to turn off if i do touch it, however it will still time out even if i dont touch it. What i forgot to mention, is that if it times out while in a call, the screen wont turn on and i have to reboot the pphone. I tried factory reset with no effect. From research there was apparently an update after the release of the phone, but it ddidnt fix my issue. Is there no way to have the screen not turn off a all?