5,600,335 Members 35,136 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Transfer phonebook from old to new phone

Tip us?

hp6830s
Old
(Last edited by hp6830s; 5th December 2013 at 01:40 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Post Transfer phonebook from old to new phone

I am trying to find way to transfer all contacts from OLD phone ( sgh - e530)... and still nothing.dozen of apps/ windows software,virtual machine.
I have new phone - Nokia Lumia 720,but i cant transfer all my phones (about 150 contacts ) .

First i've tried Samsung PC Studio,Samsung PC Studio II 2.0.And i manage to copy all 150 to SIM card + a single file with all contacts on my desktop ,but is .ESB file and cant find way how to use it....Then i put the sim on my HTC Desire c ,but unfortunately i cant send those sim contacts via bluetooth to my new Nokia, because before 2 weeks i install custom ROM, so i cant access the sim.
Also i've tried Samsung PC Studio 3, Samsung PC Studio 7 ,but the phone is not supported The last one is installed on virtual machine (vmware workstation)

So, i need some software that supports SGH e530 ,or some kind of bluetooth access, or idk what...simply i cant imagine what else to do ....

PS : i cant put that SIM on nokia ,because Nokia supports OnlY Micro SIM,

desihaxx0r4life
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Try going to your carrier and ask them to transfer your contacts over from your old phone to your new. Most will be able to.

freekaleekuk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
As mentioned above I believe that your carrier will have a tool that you can just place the sim cards into and it will transfer them. We had one at work, and AFAIK you can also purchase them for not too much, however if it's a one off job, it seems pretty frivolous..

dev87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Try going to your carrier and ask them to transfer your contacts over from your old phone to your new

easteregg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The best way for Microsoft phones is to use outlook. Most phones (the pc software) have a connector to this program.
Greetings maxom